Filling the crack - what to use silicone or?

TeamNelson

Platinum Supporter
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson (Marana) AZ
My crack: expansion joint between the pool deck and the coping ( the stone immediately surrounding the pool) This is the area needed to fill this crack above my tile below the coping...? After putting in a filler to bring the expansion joint within 1/2" several other posts use polyurethane products. A pool service tech recommend Boss Silicone - any experience as to this product? Would it be any better to use a marine grade product like 3M 5200 fast cure sealant on my application. Being in AZ with more swim season & heat than the average- will silicone based products provide the best waterproof & flexible seal?

Polyurethane caulk is the best product. Sikaflex is the brand of choice for my PB. Another member recently discovered this product, NovaLink SL, which looks promising also. But, I haven't seen any real world analysis of its performance. But, I am considering trying it next time.

+1 what pooldv said. As an aside, self leveling polyurethane is very tempting but I found it incredibly difficult to use.

I would say to say with a non-leveling polyurethane.....Sikaflex is very commonly used but there are several other brands.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.