Cloudy pool

Jill

Jun 17, 2012
I've used chlorine gallons 10% in my pool for 4 year now. 25,000-30,000 gallon pool. I was doing a gallon every other day to keep my pool around 3-4...if I remember correctly from the previous years.
My husband thought it was too expensive and switched to Trichlor tablets in 2 floaters this season.... we have Zeobrite in the sand filter...which is 3-4 years old.

Trouble is...pool is never sparkley clear. Kinda looks thick and just not clear. We run the filter 8 hrs a day. It only stays perfectly clear when I shock to 15 with the hypochlorite powder shock treatment and run filter 24/7. Is it the Trichlor tabs? Do we need new Zeobrite? Thanks in advance!!!

Stats:
FC:6
CC:0
Ph: 7.5
AL:13(1300)
CyA: 60-70

I am not sure what AL is. Shocking with Cal Hypo is not a good plan.

Your husbands' thought that bleach is more expensive is wrong but y'all have to work that out.

TFP is all about knowledge and has little to do with anyone specific product. It would be helpful if both you and your husband would learn more about what we teach.....your pool will always sparkle.

We don't shock pools. Maintaining your FC above minimum at all times for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], will keep your pool clear forever.

If your pool is cloudy there is most likely something organic in the pool. Perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to confirm. If you pass good, keep maintaining FC above min. If not, then SLAM Process the pool to kill the algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.