Concrete on top of Liner Falling into my Pool!

bamboojungles

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
I have a line of concrete between the top of my liner and the top of my pool. The concrete is starting to fall apart and ends up at the bottom of my pool! :( I'm looking to fix it this weekend. Is it just a matter of getting a concrete mix and patching these spots? Should I put anything over the concrete when I'm done? Thanks!

IMG_2579.jpg

Looks like you need tuck pointing done. I had some masenate pro's do my hot tub last year. They actually chip some of it out first so the new stuff will bound to it.

How tall is that concrete? A couple of inches? Definitely knock out any loose material first. I think I might be tempted to use some Mortar mix instead of concrete. That is a pretty messy job. Rig up something to catch the spills, there will be plenty. I am halfway through tuckpointing some brick and it is a beating! It is an art to getting the right consistency, putting it up, getting it to stick and smoothing it at the right time. I am no mason! :) But, if you take your time and are patient you can have a good outcome. Buy a tool that fits that width for smoothing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.