Wouldn't it be a good idea if you could shoot the heat pump's cold air in your house?

Just looking at the heat pump and seeing all that cool air coming out the top of it going to waste, while I am paying to air condition my house. Why wouldn't they make an adapter of sorts to route the cold air flow inside your house. I know it would make the heat pump slightly less efficient but wow it would be sweet.

You might turn you house into an ice box if you couldn't control the flow of air some how. Have you tried leaning over the top of the heat pump when you are hot and sweaty from yard work? Its amazing how quickly that will make you cold.

You could have a ducting system where it could either direct the cool air inside your home or to the outside or any mixture in between.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be great for people with outside air conditioning to recoup the heat released. I was thinking more around the lines of taking the cool air coming out of my pool's 110,000BTU heat pump and ducting it inside my house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.