Pool math app?

May 21, 2015
Collinsville, Ok
Has the idea of creating an app for Pool Math been considered? It is such a great calculator, and having it on a phone is attractive, to me at least!
Forgive me if this has already been covered, or isn't feasible...I know nothing about writing code for an app. Could this possibly be a source of revenue for TFP?

It has been discussed... and currently is being discussed. There is a good app for Android right now called PoolPal which works very well and is based on TFP's Pool Math formulas. I use it myself. There is not an app in the Apple store which is updated and uses TFP calculations. There are a few pool calculation type apps in the App Store but none are "approved" or "endorsed" by TFP or use TFP formulas, as far as I'm aware.

If TFP does ever release an app version, we would want it to be of high quality, accurate and updated.

I thought I remember something about Jason selling the original pool calculator to PSI Flow. If you look at Pool Calculator you can see that they own it, refer to TroubleFreePool, and also provide apps for both Android and Apple...

You are correct. He did sell that site which has apps to PSI Flow. However, they do not keep it updated (beside changing the formating ... and plastering ads all over the place) and as such, we now have the official TFP version in PoolMath that is updated with the latest and greatest.

Hi
I purchased the Pool Math App from iTunes and App Store for £7.49 on 4 Aug 2017 11:03:04 BST Transaction ID: 2S4010713W577241K
Now when I try to put a new log in it comes up with the old log and a banner sayin "Subscribe for Unlimited Test Logs"
I thought when I purchased it that was included. Do I have to do anything to complete

Hi
I purchased the Pool Math App from iTunes and App Store for £7.49 on 4 Aug 2017 11:03:04 BST Transaction ID: 2S4010713W577241K
Now when I try to put a new log in it comes up with the old log and a banner sayin "Subscribe for Unlimited Test Logs"
I thought when I purchased it that was included. Do I have to do anything to complete
You should likely post in the main PoolMath app thread

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.