Odd question - To Cut or not Cut the "lip" around the filter gauge

Cain

Aug 27, 2015
West Fargo, ND
The filter system I have looks like it has a bad gauge. No prob, I went ahead and ordered a new glycerin filled gauge however, its a bit wider in diameter than the stock gauge its replacing and hence does not fit the filter housing as far as this "lip" around the gauge goes.

I wanted to know if it was okay to just dremel off the excess and go. I dont' see any reason why not, its not something that appears to be anything other than cosmetic, but being new to all this I am just curious.

As a side note, I woudl prefer to keep the gauge hence the dremel question as it was only $7 new.

sorry what I meant was to dremel off the "umbrella" part of the filer cover. so that part that is kind of like a lip that is plastic its high enough that the new gauge with its wider body won't sit down.

So in this picture:

that black "lip" that is around the gauge that is part of the filter cover. that is what I am wondering if that can be dremeled down some. New gauge has same threads, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.