Intex dual outlet question

Apr 14, 2016
Bellmawr NJ
I'm just getting my 24x52 ultra frame pool set up. It has the dual outlets which connect to a T plunger.

Would it benefit me to get an over the wall skimmer to connect to 1 of the outlets?

Also, how does this affect suction during vacuuming?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Before I modified all of my plumbing, I used the stock Intex over the wall skimmer and the intex vacuum that locks into the skimmer. It was......... adequate. The skimmer came with a small "bowler hat" looking cap to put over the second outlet to increase suction for vacuuming. They are better than nothing IMHO.

I am currently using the over the wall skimmer and have hard plumbed all of my piping.

Be aware that if you use the T-system that comes with the pool, you probably wont get enough flow through the basket if both inlets are open all of the way. You would need to install a valve for each inlet and mostly close the one side that doesn't have the basket to force water intake over the top of the basket. I am using a 4000 gph pump so if your pump moves less water, then the volume of flow through the basket will be even less.

Here is my video showing what I did.

Intex 18x48 ultra frame pool arrangement - YouTube

Good deal. Mine didn't come with all that. The dual inlet is nice in case the strainer basket is kicked, etc. out of the pool (kids kept doing it.). The hose allowed it to move on the pool frame. the second inlet will keep you from burning up your pump if the basket isn't taking in water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.