Megna Pools and Under The Sun Distribution

Nginerd

Gold Supporter
May 15, 2016
Howell, MI
Curious if anyone has any opinions or experience with Megna pools or Under The Sun Distribution. Couldn't find much information on the forum other than the fact that under the sun distributes for a few other websites, including a not so reputable one. The walls are 12 gauge steel with no welds, seems pretty decent.

Greetings and welcome, NGi. I don't have any knowledge of that brand but I do have a related question.
Are you sure you want steel walls instead of polymer?

Is this a DIY install, or are you shopping vendors? If vendor, they usually rep a particular line, eg. one of the Latham companies such as Performance, Kafko, ec.

There is a company in your neck of the woods that does some very nice vinyl hybrids, eg with cantilever edges, concrete features etc. Might be pricey if you were going free form, but in the event you're shopping, check out Legendary Escapes. I ran across them looking for a liner replacement ( but am in GR, not Brighton) and loved the look of their pools ;)

Yes, this is a DIY install (you can check out my build thread here) and I am also vetting vendors. We checked out Legendary Escapes a while back (before we decided to go DIY) and crossed them off our list immediately. Let's just say they're very proud of their work. I chose steel mostly for economics, but also because I think polymer isn't worth the added cost anyway. Steel walls will last plenty long enough for me, but I admit they would be much easier to work with.

Lol re L.E. - but ya gotta hand it to them, some of their builds are gorgeous...;)

So, for a real world budget, I know a small PB contractor here in G.R. who is well respected by the local Latham distributor (SCP in Kalamazoo) and can get any of their packages...if you decide you want to try to access any of the Latham brand packages (eg performance, etc.) PM me and I'll give you his email.

They're selling me a liner with or without labor. Don't know how bad the markup is going to be just yet as we have to import the sample from Canada. But they're good eggs on this front so far ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.