Jun 20, 2016
claremore ok
So we just bought a 24 x 52 above ground pool. They started me out with the pristine blue. Once we started the process 2 weeks ago I did some research and not really feeling comfortable with that being the only thing sanitizing the pool. i have shocked once with the pristine extra last week. Next year I sm switching to chlorine only. For the rest of this summer I am curious if I can just start putting chlorine tablets in a dispenser to maintain a fc level between 1-3 while cont to use pristine?

Hi, welcome to TFP! Pristine Blue uses copper sulfate as an algaecide. Copper levels build up in the water and if the chlorine gets too high and/or pH gets too high the copper will discolor pool surfaces and the oxidized copper will turn light colored hair green. Often the water turns clear green as well. The only way to get rid of the copper is to drain and refill the pool. If you plan on using this system the rest of the summer be very careful to keep the pH low and keep FC in their recommended range.

Personally, I would dump the water now and start fresh with liquid chlorine only.

Thanks! Empyting and refilling is not an option this summer or I def would do tbat. I still dont understand if I can cont to use pristine and just add the chlorine tablets via dispenser to help sanitize pool. all my levels are good right now with crystal clear water except clearly 0 fc level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.