Phoenix Area Pool Build

^Thanks. That's the look I'm trying to achieve. Its not bad on the pocketbook either as the "classic" materials are also less expensive (concrete, standard plaster, rectangular design, etc.).

Not sure yet about SWG. Lots of people have recommended, but I'm thinking that (or a Stenner) is something I might do down the road. I actually prefer the idea of a Stenner and need to learn more about it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
^Yep. Thanks for asking. Got the "final" plans back from drafting and they are being submitted to our HOA (crossing fingers).

Here is a picture of our plan. We have a few spots where the deck bumps out due to the water leveler, skimmer, and ladder. We're considering bumping the deck out farther to make it straight, but we are not sure as we want to leave as much room for landscaping as possible.

View attachment 52027

hm, my pool is a 26x12 rectangle. Our light is on one of the 12' walls, and reaches the far wall just fine (if you have TFP-quality water). I see yours is on the wide wall. My only concern would be the throw angle of that light, and whether it will illuminate the steps at night.

Buckeye, I was worried about the light location as well. PB convinced me to put the light on the side because he was concerned about the light being too harsh on the steps and the house's patio. Personally I like the way pool lights look when mounted at the end of a rectangular pool. It sort of creates a gradual gradient of light.

Would love to get thoughts on whether the pool light will be too bright on the patio and steps if mounted at the far end of the pool?.?

PS: The light I chose is a 400w halogen.

oh, we have an LED. Disco-tastic. So harsh meaning, when you stand on the patio the pool light is shining up in your face? I'd ask the PB to show you some nighttime photos of other builds that had the steps adjacent to the light like that. I suppose if your patio lights are on you can see the steps anyway, and my pool surface is dark, yours will be very light, so whatever light is in the pool probably shows up pretty well....

The light facing the house and or seating area IS one thing we say not to do. The reason being it is not fun to try to look at the pool at night and have the light in your eyes.

Another thing is the "swim lane". The light would be right in your eyes if you ever what to swim laps at night AND someone WILL push off the light if it is at the end of the pool.

I just wanted to point out some of the concerns about a light at the end so you can make an informed choice. That is what TFP is all about...........learning about your pool even before it is built.

Kim:cat:

I have a "view fence" in the backyard. Apparently some hiker or other person might trespass behind my house and could get offended by my yard. As such, everything must be approved. Our neighborhood HOA even approves the kind of plants that you have in the backyard.

I am having the pool built at the same time as the house. So, I do not live in the neighborhood yet, but I have read the HOA rules and regulations.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.