Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I procrastinated and missed the sale on the Discovery. I found a local dealer who sells the Dolphin S200 for $799. Two year warranty. They also do in house repairs. May be the same place Pooldv had his Discovery repaired. If wife agrees, I am going to purchase tomorrow.

I procrastinated and missed the sale on the Discovery. I found a local dealer who sells the Dolphin S200 for $799. Two year warranty. They also do in house repairs. May be the same place Pooldv had his Discovery repaired. If wife agrees, I am going to purchase tomorrow.

Keep shopping around, even call other states from the list of dealers on maytronics web site. I found the lowest price in California and my local store matched the price.

Found another local store. Bought for $749. I like being able to buy from Brick and Mortar. They are also Certified to repair. S200 will be in my pool by Friday
Keep shopping around, even call other states from the list of dealers on maytronics web site. I found the lowest price in California and my local store matched the price.

do you remember the store name in California?

Discount Pool Supplies Online | Pool Equipment Parts they are a brick and mortar and authorized dealer, they were the lowest price and my local dealer matched.

- - - Updated - - -

Found another local store. Bought for $749. I like being able to buy from Brick and Mortar. They are also Certified to repair. S200 will be in my pool by Friday

Yup I mean shop around with authorized maytronics dealers. You will be surprised at the different ranges of prices across dealers.

I decided to try this give this a try and I got my cleaner two days ago. Of course, I had to give it a spin and I'm very happy with the result. I had my pool built just over a year ago and have been skimming and manually vacuuming, so this should be a nice change.

My only concern is that I didn't get the unit shown in the link. Instead, I got the unit shown in the second picture below.

I ordered this:
SzPehdo.png

and received this:

DmeBXEx.png

Does anyone have the last model? On the one I ordered I like the filter comes out of the top and has a hard shell instead of the bag coming out of the bottom the way the one I received has. I'm not sure if I can have it exchanged or not since I bought it used. Also, I'm not sure if one is better than the other or if they're mostly the same aside from the filter and the aesthetics? I'm a first-time pool owner, so I don't know too much about this sort of thing.

I decided to try this give this a try and I got my cleaner two days ago. Of course, I had to give it a spin and I'm very happy with the result. I had my pool built just over a year ago and have been skimming and manually vacuuming, so this should be a nice change.

My only concern is that I didn't get the unit shown in the link. Instead, I got the unit shown in the second picture below.

I ordered this:
SzPehdo.png

and received this:

DmeBXEx.png

Does anyone have the last model? On the one I ordered I like the filter comes out of the top and has a hard shell instead of the bag coming out of the bottom the way the one I received has. I'm not sure if I can have it exchanged or not since I bought it used. Also, I'm not sure if one is better than the other or if they're mostly the same aside from the filter and the aesthetics? I'm a first-time pool owner, so I don't know too much about this sort of thing.

In all honesty, the basket makes the infinitely easier to use (I have both). If the order clearly states that you were getting a model with a top-loading basket then you should definitely complain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

In my opinion, I would definitely get the newer model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased this and started using it a couple of weeks ago. We had a big storm the other night and I got a ton of live oak leaves in the pool. My unit keeps getting clogged at the entrance and will not pick up anymore leaves. I tried to help it with picking up as much as I could manually with the net. Has anyone else had this problem or has anyone removed that black cloth at the opening at the bottom of the filter basket for a larger opening area?

Oh yeah, I also have the problem with it getting hung up on the drain without the pump on, but it usually gets itself off within a minute or two.

Every now and then mine will get hung up on the bottom drain for a short period of time, but it always manages to get off. As far as leaves, I never had any trouble with it clogging ever. I've got black oak trees and the leaves get probably as big as my hand but I don't have giant leaves I guess. I have a lot of trees, and on a windy day I will still use my net to take some leaves off the bottom just to help it along, but the real advantage to this robot at least for me, is it keeps the fine dirt and sand picked up and the bottom stays very clean in comparison to prior. It's going to eliminate a lot of vacuum time for me. That's more of a benefit then picking up leaves, but mine does pick up leaves very good.

Every now and then mine will get hung up on the bottom drain for a short period of time, but it always manages to get off. As far as leaves, I never had any trouble with it clogging ever. I've got black oak trees and the leaves get probably as big as my hand but I don't have giant leaves I guess. I have a lot of trees, and on a windy day I will still use my net to take some leaves off the bottom just to help it along, but the real advantage to this robot at least for me, is it keeps the fine dirt and sand picked up and the bottom stays very clean in comparison to prior. It's going to eliminate a lot of vacuum time for me. That's more of a benefit then picking up leaves, but mine does pick up leaves very good.

Thanks, mine does really well when there are not a lot of leaves, but when you have a lot clumped together at the bottom, they all get caught up in the opening. I did a test by removing the black cloth that is in the opening and two hours later my filter basket was completely full. Probably not something I would do a lot, but it sure seemed to help. I also bought mine for dirt, sand, pollen etc. We have real bad cedar pollen in central texas and the pool will just get full of the stuff. The robot picks it up well.

Hmm, that is odd, I've stuffed mine to overflowing with leaves many times with no issues. Small cedar elm leaves, medium and large bois d'arc leaves and lots of shumard red oak leaves. Are you using the coarse mesh filters? I wonder if it could be a flow issue? Or maybe there is something wrong with the black cloth inlet? I have pics of mine stuffed full of leaves in the link in my sig.

Hmm, that is odd, I've stuffed mine to overflowing with leaves many times with no issues. Small cedar elm leaves, medium and large bois d'arc leaves and lots of shumard red oak leaves. Are you using the coarse mesh filters? I wonder if it could be a flow issue? Or maybe there is something wrong with the black cloth inlet? I have pics of mine stuffed full of leaves in the link in my sig.

Your feedback and others is what lead me to buy it and my cloth inlet looks just like yours. It picked up big leaves fine until we had that storm and then the whole bottom of the pool was covered. Once I got the biggest part cleaned up, it started picking up fine again. I guess it just can't take a big amount of leaves trying to get in at the same time. I do not regret the purchase, still very happy with it, just curious if anyone had a similar experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Your feedback and others is what lead me to buy it and my cloth inlet looks just like yours. It picked up big leaves fine until we had that storm and then the whole bottom of the pool was covered. Once I got the biggest part cleaned up, it started picking up fine again. I guess it just can't take a big amount of leaves trying to get in at the same time. I do not regret the purchase, still very happy with it, just curious if anyone had a similar experience.

And sorry, no, I switched to the ultra fine pleated filters to help with pollen. I might go back to the mesh.

My old Polaris needs another $200 in repairs so I think it's probably time to replace it. Based on this thread, the Discovery certainly seems like the best option. But here's my question... I have a 16k gallon pool with a screened enclosure. I get very little debris in my pool. In the past I've brushed it only infrequently without any ill effects. I've read varying reviews on how effective the Discovery is in climbing the walls, and I don't need it running every day. Should I consider a cheaper model that doesn't climb the wall and have programming features (something like Doheny's Kleen)?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.