Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Ive had my Dolphin Supreme Something for about 3 or 4 years now and I always leave it in the pool except for a day or so per year. Still runs like new. The brushes are pretty worn out and both the pleated and mesh filters have some cracks in the black cross members.

Well, I still have not bought the caddy 996087 yet. Figured I'd wait until around Labor Day to see if pool zoom goes any cheaper. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Anyway, for those of you that rest your robot on some 2x4s, where do you put the boards? What part of the robot do they go under? You can't put them under the brushes, and I do not see why you would put them under the tracks. I'm trying to see if 2x4s are any better than resting Ghostlight on her side.

Also, got a two week vacation coming up. My neighbor will pool sit. But I can't expect him to take out my robot and untwist the cord. Hav any of you ever left your cleaner in for two weeks without untangling the cord? Or, do you think I should just leave it out for the two weeks? For what it's worth, even though he's going to pool sit, I may still bring my FC at or near my shock level of 12 (CYA 30) before I leave. So, given that info, would that make you keep it out? I think it was you pooldv who told me it's possible to keep a robot in at a higher FC level.

I thought I would try the pleated filters tonight. I was pleased with the how easy they were to change out. Our water seemed cleaner on the surface, but as for the walls and floor I am not sure if there is enough of a difference for me to be able to tell.

I find that the justification comes from WHAT you rinse off the pleated filters. The first time I threw my bot in the pool, it was visually clear and clean. When I pulled the bot out and washed the pleated filter, all of this grey/brown water flowed off of it. In my signature is a link to my S300i thread where I show some pictures of the fine silt washed off the pleated filter into a coffee filter.

My bot has the integrated filter basket so there's both coarse and fine filtration. The fine filter truly does polish the water.

So I think I'm trying to decide between the S200/Discovery and the Dolphin Nautilus Plus. It looks like they're all right around $650 right now, with the Nautilus slightly cheaper.

Is there much difference between these? Any others I should be considering around that price point?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dannyk58, that was one of the reasons I was hesitant, but I'm glad I took the plunge and got Ghostlight, my S200. The cleaning is superb to my prior Polaris.
Ghostlight lives in the pool, and whether or not it's going to expedite wear, whatever. It makes my life easier by leaving it in the pool. I just take it out once a week or sooner to untangle the cord and clean the filter. Cord may get tangled, but it still works just as well. I never have gotten a caddy yet, but even if I had one Ghostlight would still stay in the pool.

If my Polaris could live in the pool, I'm sure my Maytronics can just as well.

Not sure why my signature didn't show up. I'm editing this to see if it will this time.

mod note: the "show sig" box was under the text box not checked for this post. I checked it back on.

Just called Marina Pools above, the sales rep said the 300i is 899$ through them and it comes with the caddy. Currently out of stock but getting some in next week (I bought one).

He said since they are brick & mortar no problems registering the warranty and if there are any issues you can either send to them or find a closer dealer for service. A local store here quotes 1398$ for the exact same model (!)

I am debating between the triton plus and the 300i. I like the color of the triton plus. But like the price of the 300i with caddy from Marina. Don't know if Marina offers the triton plus??? Is there a difference between the two? What's the better buy between all the models for 2017? Pool is an avg. pebble finish 15x30 with swimout and spa. Is the 300i overkill and should I be looking into a 20/200/other series? I have a mango tree, bougainvilleas, and bamboos which all drop leaves. I need a x large filter basket, caddy, and Bluetooth feature is a bonus. What's the best recommendation? Thanks.

Had my s200 since July and I think it's having problems. When I plug everything in and press start, the robot will go back and forward for maybe 2 min and stop. Control panel light still on but robot light turns off. After turning it on and off a couple of times, it may finally complete a while 2 hr cycle. Anyone else experience this problem??

PS when it goes thru the cycle, it'll clean very well.

Mine did that, took it to the shop and they replaced the motor under warranty and it has worked fine ever since. They said it is the first S-series warranty repair they've had to do. I guess you have the second.

So after reading this thread we are sold on getting Dolphin Discover, especially since we have an older pool built before any fancy schmancy automatic cleaners were about.

One lingering question I have is how is this bad boy with nuts? we have a large oak near our pool and it likes to drop acorns in the pool quite often, we had a Zodiac Baracuda but this stole power from the single skimmer the pool was originally built with and caused water issues (House was a rental and had a company managing it). The treads would also get bound up and it would jump it's tracks and just quit (according to the renter).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.