Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I bought a Pentair Prowler 920 which is the Dolphin S200. It seems to work well, but I noticed on Mr. Roboto's third run it got stuck on the drain. It seems that if it rolls over the drain just right it gets stuck.

My s300i, if it hits the drain cover dead center, will run aground on it and the tracks will free-spin. The cover is just high enough to lift it. HOWEVER, it will only remain stuck for maybe 15-20secs, sense that it's not moving and then execute one of its power jet turns to dislodge itself. That fixes the problem. I have never seen it remain stuck on a drain, it always frees itself. Others have described their robots getting permanently stuck. Im not sure if it's a difference in models or what, but it seems like certain robot models will get permanently hung up on a drain.

I'm seriously eyeing the Doheny Discovery! The website for the Doheny's Discovery says it comes with a 2 year warranty, but I've seen some threads here that say Maytronics doesn't honor warranties for online purchases. Does the Discovery come with that two-year warranty after all? Is it Maytronics or Doheny's who would take care of it? If it were to break, would I take it to my local Maytronics dealer (whose prices are astronomical) or would I have to send it to Doheny's?

Yes, it has a maytronics 2 year warranty. Where is hit and miss. I called the first 3 or 4 local authorized repair stores and one was on vaca, one said they only fix what they sell and one said they would be glad to fix it under warranty. If there isnt a local store that will fix it there are repair depots you can send them to for repair.

Yes, it has a maytronics 2 year warranty. Where is hit and miss. I called the first 3 or 4 local authorized repair stores and one was on vaca, one said they only fix what they sell and one said they would be glad to fix it under warranty. If there isnt a local store that will fix it there are repair depots you can send them to for repair.

Agreed. At least one shop in my area that I called would not repair any robot that was not a direct sale from that store, even if covered under warranty. The local shop I bought from would repair any robot, warranty or not. I believe Maytronics gives their distributors wide latitude on repair policies.

Any of you 300 or 300i (or active 30 / 30i) users able to access the Dolphin Tech, Technicians App yet ?
Its available on the app store along side the My Dolphin App , but I cant seem to find out how to register to get a sign in password .
Perhaps its only available to dealers and technicians I am guessing, or maybe I am just missing the way to register so the sign in will work ?
It would be a great feature to have for diagnostics down the road, and also includes access for any software updates that the Dolphin Robots might need eventually.
Anyone sucessfully figure out a way to access this yet ?

Here are a few screen shots ...............

screenshot_01.jpg

screenshot_03.jpg

screenshot_04.jpg

My guess is you can't unless you are a qualified Dolphin repair tech. There's also a special RF wand/tool that allows you to diagnose the different parts of the cleaner by simply plugging it into the cable. Again, only available to qualified repair techs.

My guess is you can't unless you are a qualified Dolphin repair tech. There's also a special RF wand/tool that allows you to diagnose the different parts of the cleaner by simply plugging it into the cable. Again, only available to qualified repair techs.

Yea, that's what I was thinking . I just didn't know if I was missing something, that one of you guys was able to figure out.
It sure would be a nice feature though !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had an interesting experience with my Discovery. I have a thermometer attached to a rope that basically sit against the wall. I just happen to be outside watching the robot do it's thing when it started climbing the wall right where the thermometer is. The rope and thermometer got caught and sucked into the front roller. Luckily I had my a pocket knife in my pocket and was able to cut the rope and slip it out with no damage. Now I need to remember to pull the thermometer out of the pool. I am just glad I was there to act on it.

Just a quick question for all of you that are purchasing the Doheny Discovery model.

Doheny is advertising this model for $679 and it seems all of you are happy with that price and also, the performance of the cleaner.

Marina Pool Spa and Patio has also been mentioned in several forums including this thread.

Marina's price for the Maytronics (Dolphin) S200 and Active 20 is $659 and no tax or shipping.

If Maytronics makes the Doheny Discovery, and it is identical to the Dolphin models mentioned, what is causing you guys to still go to Doheny's and purchase the Discovery for $20 more dollars.

I am NOT trying to offend anyone nor am I promoting either company. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything with regards to specs/options before I purchase my S200 or Active 20 and save $20.

Thanks to all. This forum is great!

Just a quick question for all of you that are purchasing the Doheny Discovery model.

Doheny is advertising this model for $679 and it seems all of you are happy with that price and also, the performance of the cleaner.

Marina Pool Spa and Patio has also been mentioned in several forums including this thread.

Marina's price for the Maytronics (Dolphin) S200 and Active 20 is $659 and no tax or shipping.

If Maytronics makes the Doheny Discovery, and it is identical to the Dolphin models mentioned, what is causing you guys to still go to Doheny's and purchase the Discovery for $20 more dollars.

I am NOT trying to offend anyone nor am I promoting either company. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything with regards to specs/options before I purchase my S200 or Active 20 and save $20.

Thanks to all. This forum is great!

With Marina you'll need to call them and put an order in over the phone. Personally, I try to avoid that. Doheny the order will be online. As others said beyond that its an aesthetic issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.