Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I've had my dolphin s300 for about a week now working in the pool and I keep getting impeller #1 error codes.

Also, I have yet to see it climb the walls. I assume it's because te walls are dirty or something but my pool is looking much better now.

Could these be related?! Anyone else having a problem with the bot climbing?

If the impeller is obstructed or impaired (hair or fibrous material preventing it from rotating freely) then you won't have the needed "oomph" to propel the unit up to the waterline. This happened to me once and we reached in with a long-nose plier to pull out the hair (lots of teen girls in the pool). They recommend removing the impeller cover to fully clean, which may be necessary, but I'd try reaching in first.

Currently there are rebates by registering and using the following codes.
4ee0c25b87af8bd71714898a5052ef5f-1.jpg

Thank you for sharing! I also purchased last week for $699 so I'll contact them. I love the cleaner btw.
I ordered my Discovery last week and it came in yesterday. I am going to let it run everyday for a week and observe how bad the power cable can get tangled. This was my only concern when buying the Discovery. From what I have read on this forum, it shouldn't be too bad and should be easy to untangle.

If the impeller is obstructed or impaired (hair or fibrous material preventing it from rotating freely) then you won't have the needed "oomph" to propel the unit up to the waterline. This happened to me once and we reached in with a long-nose plier to pull out the hair (lots of teen girls in the pool). They recommend removing the impeller cover to fully clean, which may be necessary, but I'd try reaching in first.

Every time I take Earl out, I reach my first two fingers into the impeller (after unplugging it) and grab the accumulated dog hair off of it. The first time I unscrewed that section to do it but then realized that I can just get to the contraband with my fingers and remove it. I have no doubt that a build up of that would cause a problem. Not saying there isn't another problem, but I certainly have doggy fur accumulation there.

The price was lowered today on the Discovery down to $679.99. I bought last week and getting the difference refunded. Its hard to beat it at this price.

Thanks for the heads up, glad I checked here today before ordering. They are also giving a $10 holiday discount with code 7USA thru July 5th. This offsets the handling fee so total price delivered is $680.98

I have a couple dumb questions for you robot experts. First, my pool has a small, 3" ledge just under the waterline along the raised beam, (safety hand hold) do these cleaners handle this ok, and still climb up and brush the water line tile?

Also, can you leave a suction side cleaner in the pool when the robot runs? Reason I ask is even with a robot I'd have to run the pool pump for the SWG, so I figured I'd just let the suction cleaner run around anyway, even with a robot. But I don't want to play put one in, take one out games.

I have a couple dumb questions for you robot experts. First, my pool has a small, 3" ledge just under the waterline along the raised beam, (safety hand hold) do these cleaners handle this ok, and still climb up and brush the water line tile?

Also, can you leave a suction side cleaner in the pool when the robot runs? Reason I ask is even with a robot I'd have to run the pool pump for the SWG, so I figured I'd just let the suction cleaner run around anyway, even with a robot. But I don't want to play put one in, take one out games.

I would imagine the cord and the suction lines would tangle with each other

I ordered my Discovery last week and it came in yesterday. I am going to let it run everyday for a week and observe how bad the power cable can get tangled. This was my only concern when buying the Discovery. From what I have read on this forum, it shouldn't be too bad and should be easy to untangle.

The cord itself floats and it seems that helps it. I haven't' had any tangle issues but I take it out after it cycles since the kids are home swimming. I would point out that at first I didn't put all of the cord in and it got caught up a bit on the coping mortar joint. I moved the cord to the pool and it was fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I made a video review of the Doheny's Discovery, very basic and not professional. But it shows it cleaning. It's about 9 min but if you ff to the end I take out the filter basked and it's got a lot in it. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is not having that stuff go into the filter when I'm vacuuming. Dohenys Discovery Review - YouTube

Hello,
Currently both Discovery and Maytronics Dolphin Nautilus Plus Inground Robotic Pool Cleaner with CleverClean | 99996403-PC
https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/MaytronicsDolphin99996403PCNautilusPlusPoolCleaner/151643p1?gclid=CjwKEAjw4IjKBRDr6p752cCUm3kSJAC-eqRtP6Oz6PrZgYSe9SznF0x_BN1qVvVdrBxYSqX-iIKycRoCikvw_wcB
are at 670$ range.
I have a 18X40 vinyl rectangle pool
I would like to purchase soon but could not decide.
Looking forward to hear your advice.

Tapatalk Pro kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

To be honest, so far me and wifey are slightly underwhelmed. It seems to not do so great picking up larger debris such as leaves and small stones, which our old robot did very well.

I think our old Aquabot Turbo T2 worked better.

Going to give it another week or so.

I sometimes run it twice back to back if any visible debris is still present after one go in our 18x38 rectangle and a 2-hour cycle. Where it clearly excels, however, is at fine debris. No comparison whatsoever with my old pressure side cleaner. I could run that for hours then brush and still see puffs of fine silt. This is of course using the pleated filters.

I don't get a lot of leaf debris this time of year. It's all silt and dust. The UltraFilters are AMAZING at what they capture.

My Discovery does an amazingly excellent job of getting fine dust, dirt, leaves, rocks, bugs, and hair. I exclusively use the pleated fine filters. We still get leaves and stuff blowing in the pool, plus the great Oklahoma dirt. We love our Wall-E!! He makes my little fevsuper eady.

I would imagine the cord and the suction lines would tangle with each other

Yea they would tangle no doubt. The robot will do fine up the the ledge, but beyond it is doubtful to be sure.

OK, I was wondering about that too. So, one or the other it would have to be. I was hoping it would climb over the hand hold ledge and get the tile, as that's less accessible unless you're in the pool. But, if it was easy, it wouldn't be fun would it..:)

Thank you both for the insight.

So I bought the Triton PS plus from Amazon and it worked really well. However it only had limited Bluetooth features and that was something I really wanted. So I returned the Triton to Amazon and bought the A30i from Marina pool, spa and patio. Received it yesterday, put it in the pool today and it only worked for 10 minutes before giving me an error on the app that states "drive 1 driver fail" and now it will not move. Does anyone know the return policy of Marina?

I'm about to call Marina as well. Mine doesn't seem to have the suction of my older Aquabot turbo T. It wouldn't pickup a good deal of the dirt on the bottom of the pool even after guiding it there with the remote. Wouldn't even stir it up. I borrowed the old Aquabot back from my parent's house and boom, clean in one cycle.

Idk, I got hyped up by this thread... now... not so much.

I bought a Pentair Prowler 920 which is the Dolphin S200. It seems to work well, but I noticed on Mr. Roboto's third run it got stuck on the drain. It seems that if it rolls over the drain just right it gets stuck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.