New owner, just opened pool. Help!

No, there are no pucks, and hubby hasn't been to the pool store. He's finally on my side (after a very hormonal crying fit of him not trusting me to give it a go, like I trusted him to buy whatever the pool store told him to last season. Ha!), so he's not interfering. Plus, the pool is looking a lot better. It's still a little cloudy in the deep end, but not green cloudy, and we can see the bottom.

I will do another CYA test today, and see what my results say.

We've had heavy rains, and lots of play time, so I will keep a good log of pH and TA, to see what it does.

A deep clean and DE would work wonders at this point, like everyone said.

It's most helpful to log FC and pH every time you test. TA doesn't move that much on its own, unless you add a lot of acid.

FC was 11.5... I hadn't added bleach the last two days, so I added what I needed to get back up to 13
CC was 0
pH was 7.2... added borax to bring it up a touch
TA was somewhere between 100 and 110.
CYA was 90. So, whatever I did in reading the test the other day, I must have just been off, as it's back to what it was before. Sheesh!

- - - Updated - - -

A deep clean and DE would work wonders at this point, like everyone said.

It's most helpful to log FC and pH every time you test. TA doesn't move that much on its own, unless you add a lot of acid.

I got the Pool Checks app on my phone, so I enter the test results every time I do a test. It's been great having it to look back and see what's been going on.

I will look for any neighbors that have a pool and see if they have any DE.

I just noticed you do not have your signature set up yet. Can you please do so? I went looking for your equipment info and do not see it :(

-setting-upper right, edit signature-middle left----pool kind and size (gals), equipment kind and size, what test kit, any special features your pool might have.

That allows us to see your info at a glance.

THANKS!

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.