Leaks, Need to Find Replacement Parts

illtiger1

Bronze Supporter
Oct 29, 2008
Finally got my inground pool up and running and have noticed two leaks. From the clear elbow I have leaks at both ends. Where the top of my Super Pump sp2607x10 basket connects with the sp710xr50 Vari-Flow valve it's leaking and where the clear elbow is connected to the top of the basket is leaking also. I found the part I need for the connection to the Vari-Flow sp1480 here https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP1480BLK-Self-Aligning-Replacement-Cartridge/dp/B004VTGIF2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466357580&sr=8-3&keywords=hayward+sp1485e. I cannot, however, find the bottom white piece that connects to the basket. The top circular hand tightening part is labeled sp1485-e, but there is no label on the bottom part in the shape of a nut that screws into the basket. I'm also unsure if there are o-rings involved. Here is a picture: Thank you.

Had an online chat with someone at INYO and they were not of any help. Took him ten minutes to respond and sent me a link to products that didn't come close to matching my inquiries.

hi illtiger1,

First off I'm sorry it took so long for someone to respond to you on chat and secondly that the part suggest was of no help. Could you let me know if either of these parts would do the trick for you?

Nut
Hayward Union Nut (spx1480c) - INYOPools.com

Union Ball End
Hayward Union Ball End (spx1485a) - INYOPools.com

You can see I believe is the break down to your part here Hayward Perflex Filters EC-65, EC-65A, EC-75 EC-75A Parts - INYOPools.com
(down in the box at the bottom of the schematic)

Here are a few other complete elbow kits which may work

Hayward 90 Degree Sweep,1.5mpt,union Wg (sp1485) - INYOPools.com

Hayward Elbow, Union With O-ring (spx1485b3) - INYOPools.com
Hayward Elbow, Union With O-ring (spx1485b6) - INYOPools.com

Once again I applogize for not meeting your expectations the first time around but hopefully one of these items will work. Please let me know if you have additional questions and I will do my best to help.

Thank You
Patrick
INYOpools

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.