New to the forum and starting a new build

For all the work that went so quickly in the beginning, the last 3 weeks of little to nothing have been driving me nuts. The last 3 days have been whirlwind again.
Final backfill and forms are in:
IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

The pour starts:
Me, my youngest and the Concrete contractor
IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

a little over 1000sf of deck:
IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

I'm so impressed every time I see that type of concrete deck that you build over there.
Congrats to a beautyful build that judged from the pics been built with precision! One thing I wonder though. where is the rebars on under the deck? Or did you use a glass fibre reinforced type of concrete?

Henry,
Sadly they don't rebar the deck. It is also not the fiber reinforced kind. If I had the extra budget I might have done the deck a little different. I wish I had let the dirt compact another 3 weeks after the final backfill. It sat 3 weeks after the first backfill but not the final. I also wish I had made sure the concrete guy but the foam expansion joint in between the deck and the coping. By the time I caught that, it was too late to fix 0c:
All in all I am very pleased and, more importantly, the wife and kiddos are very happy (c:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.