12 days of Slam

Hi,

My filter holds four cartridges. The pool is in this condition because our cover broke several years ago and was never replaced- We didn't even try to clear it for 2 years- just so overwhelming. This year I was working from home, and was able to give the pool the attention it needed.

I'll check the OCLT tomorrow morning before heading back to work.

Brenda

Hi,

My filter holds four cartridges. The pool is in this condition because our cover broke several years ago and was never replaced- We didn't even try to clear it for 2 years- just so overwhelming. This year I was working from home, and was able to give the pool the attention it needed.

I'll check the OCLT tomorrow morning before heading back to work.

Brenda
Sounds good. Don‘t be disappointed you don’t pass. It just gives us an idea of How much chlorine your still burning through with organic stuff.

It's too early for an OCLT. Keep salm ,maintain slam and until water is crystal clear keep slamming. When the FC holds close to slam during the day and doesn't loose very much and you see heads or tails in the deep end that is when the OCLT is in order. Even if you pass OCLT I still recommend one more slam day of slam to be extra positive you're there.

It's too early for an OCLT. Keep salm ,maintain slam and until water is crystal clear keep slamming. When the FC holds close to slam during the day and doesn't loose very much and you see heads or tails in the deep end that is when the OCLT is in order. Even if you pass OCLT I still recommend one more slam day of slam to be extra positive you're there.

We are not trying to pass the OCLT, just trying to see how much she is losing overnight without the sun So we can see if she is still has a lot of organic s in the water.

Hi,

Back to work today after 5 months remote. Busy day and my daughter was on testing duty all day.

I did do the OCLT. The pool only lost .5 ppm. Tested 19.5 at 7:52 last night at 19 at 6:45 this morning.

It looks like the pool stayed within 3 ppm from slam all day with close to hourly testing/ treating according to my daughters notes.

I'm heading out now to change out the filters again and add more fiber clear. I can see part way down the slopes of the deep end.
The clarity is probably better under the full sun!

Brenda

Reactions: cowboycasey
Hi,

I just logged all the numbers. The pool actually dropped 6 ppm from slam during the most sunny part of the day. Typical.

Brenda

I hate to say it but keep at it. It sounds like your gaining on the algae and the clarity is improving. Is the water turning more blue? I know you have been at this a long time. We need POP pool owner patience....and it’s hard.

I don’t know how much sun you get but I have to keep an eye on my CYA. Long periods of high chlorine and the sun I tend to lose some. If you have time I would check that again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Chrissykr,

Yes, I think it's just going to take a bit more time. It's encouraging to see improvement finally! The water is definitely more blue in the shallow end and around the edges in the deep end. It's cloudy though.
I've got three days of vacation time saved up for when the pool is clear so I can enjoy it. I just hope it's not October! Brrr!
I'll retest the CYA tomorrow.

My chlorine says it's 12.5%. I didn't know I could test that.....I'll look up how to do that!

Brenda

Thanks Chrissykr,

Yes, I think it's just going to take a bit more time. It's encouraging to see improvement finally! The water is definitely more blue in the shallow end and around the edges in the deep end. It's cloudy though.
I've got three days of vacation time saved up for when the pool is clear so I can enjoy it. I just hope it's not October! Brrr!
I'll retest the CYA tomorrow.

My chlorine says it's 12.5%. I didn't know I could test that.....I'll look up how to do that!

Brenda
Test again 30 minutes after your last dose for the day. You don’t want the sun.

I just read a thread the other day someone ran into this. Her bottle said 12.5 and her testing matched up with 10%. She confirmed with the clerk and he said yes 12.5% the manager said it was wrong and it was in fact 10%.

Just so we’ve covered all the bases.

Reactions: Jason.H.
Hi,

Sorry for not posting any updates! I bet you thought I was too busy swimming in my pool!
Not yet! But there has been quite a bit of improvement!

8:23.JPG8:24.JPG8:25 steps.JPG8:25.JPG
Sunday Yesterday Today Today

We can see the bottom of the shallow end clearly and most of the way down the slope to the deep end! It's so encouraging to finally see
the improvement I've been waiting for! We're going to stay the course and hopefully we'll be swimming soon! (Hopefully it warms up again too-the forecast is calling for temps in the 60s for the next week!)

Brenda

Awesome job Brenda, I've been lurking and silently rooting. Its official now, keep it up !! You know you can safely swim up to SLAM levels based on the FC/CYA Levels, right ? As soon as you can see the bottom you can swim. (for swimmer safety, someone could be drowning so you need to be able to see the floor) Its not as inviting as it will be soon, but its still just as wet and refreshing.

Brenda,

I have followed this for quite a while. I know there have been lots of issues along the way. For people who are following, and cant recall all the details from 6 pages ago (wow you have been at this for a while) now that it seems like you are in the home stretch as the pictures are looking more clear, can you give the recap of what went wrong, and what seemingly has changed with all the progress in the last couple of weeks? In other words, if you could go back a month (maybe it has been two) how would you attack differently than what you were doing. My recollection is that there was little progress for a while, and tons of progress in the last 2 weeks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.