I turn the pump on a get Zero pressure on the filter gauge. I can see water flowing into the basket but it is not quite strong enough to prime. I can see bubbles coming out my return. If I turn it to backwash mode (DE filter) the backwash pressure is very low too. I put water in the pot prior to turning it on so that is not starving for water. So I have done the following:
1) Checked the top O-ring, lubricated it and reinstalled several times with different pressures.
2) I put my hand in the pot and through to the impeller - yes there was some grass in there and I was able to pull it out. Turn back on - still weak pressure.
3) I seperate the pot from the pump so that I can see the impeller. Nothing stuck in there. What a pain to sandwich back in that large O-Ring.
4) I have a device that screws on to the end of a hose to force heavy water pressure through the skimmer pipe. It doesn't push anything significant into the pot.
5) I checked all the plumbing in the filter area for cracks and leaks - don't see anything - don't hear air being sucked in.
Prior to all this I was using the vacuum to pick up a pretty dirty bottom floor. I backwashed, added DE and then my pressure was low.
Any advice is appreciated.