New Pool - first set of TFP-100 results- school me please.

ap2002

Bronze Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Houston, TX
pool was filled 7days ago, PB started pump and added their chemicals.
its a salt water pool but it is not on yet due to new plaster, PB said it had to wait 3-4weeks before they start that up. so in the meantime it is running on chlorine tablets.
they came and tested yesterday and said that the chlorine was low and needed to be shocked, they left me instructions to do today since the kids were in the pool at the time they didn't want to have them get out.
so for now what i did was added .5gals of bleach and waited for my TFP-kit to come in..
these are the first set of results today,

pH 6.8 blue box kit
CL 5-10 blue box kit

FC 6
CC 0
calcium hardness 575-600
TA 70
CYA <20

does any of this sound right?

The results look fine but you need a little bit of adjustment.

1. Raise the pH to 7.2 using borax.

2. You'll be waiting forever for the tabs to raise your CYA, I suggest you just go by some CYA and get it in your pool up to around 40 ppm.

3. Your CH is a little high but manageable. Keep your pH down around 7.2 to ward off any attempt to scale.

4. Keep your FC about where it is but don't let it get any higher until you get your CYA in their to buffer it.

That Bronze Badge looks nice! Thank You!

Thank you for the reply! I'm a first time pool owner and I am committed to learn how to take care of it myself, I got a lot of reading to do and all of it is on this website, I'm proud to be a supporter and hope other new members follow the trend aswell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.