12% chlorine prices around the country

Rangerman said:
smuggs said:
$11.99 for a 5 gal 12.5% returnable container with an $8 deposit per container. I usually pick up 2 or 3 and store in a cool shaded location.

None of the leading pool stores in NW Arkansas sell liquid chlorine - :hammer:
The prices in my original post are from a local chemical supply company.

No one in NW TN sells it either :rant:

Based on what I have found out - I will better off buying 96 ouncers of 6% at Aldi's. An earlier post mentioned Wal*Mart selling 10% gallons - will have to check that out too!
Opening this week-end. Got to get a little more CYA from the :blah: pool store :blah:
Can't wait to see what shade of kelly green the water is - woo hoo!! :-D

Im having a brain fart, would it be cheaper to buy Aldi 6% bleach at $1.29 for 96 oz.. or would it be cheaper to buy 10% Chlorine for $2.50 for 128 oz.? Im trying to figure with the percentage of bleach formulated into the cost too.

Thanks

fixit5561 said:
Im having a brain fart, would it be cheaper to buy Aldi 6% bleach at $1.29 for 96 oz.. or would it be cheaper to buy 10% Chlorine for $2.50 for 128 oz.? Im trying to figure with the percentage of bleach formulated into the cost too.

Thanks
$1.29 / 96 / .06 = $.224 per oz hypochlorite
$2.50 / 128 / .10 = $.195 per oz hypochlorite

--paulr

embellisher said:
Does anybody know a source for 10% or 12% in the Little Rock area?

I am about 70 miles from there, and it would be worth a trip if I could get 5 or 10 gallons.
You might try Home Depot. I noticed the store in Fayetteville has it, but note, the containers looked as if they had been there quite a while - so- you may not be getting what you are paying for in terms of potency. If they look ok there, you could be good to go.
I have decided to go with the 96 ouncers at Wal-Mart for $1.52. Last year I bought at Aldi's for .99 cents for the 96 oz. size. It has gone up this year at most places I've shopped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pbdoggie said:
I uploaded a spreadsheet I am using to calculate the best bleach prices around town. Take a look in this thread... post101200.html#p101200

Ha! I did the same thing before I found this. My Bleach Cost Comparison spreadsheet is on Google Docs. Anyone who would like to contribute to it feel free. It fully editable by the public.

Every Wed. $10.99 for 4 gal 12.5% at a pool store in SE MI, I usually buy 2 or 3 cases at a time. This year they put a sign up saying "with other purchases". $12.99 apparently if you don't but their other chemicals. They said they are trying to discourage the people that only come in to buy bleach, ME!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.