Salt Levels

Tereza

Jun 11, 2016
Toms river NJ
I don't know if I am on the correct three but I am having a problem with my pool after converting to salt. My generator says one thing and every store I go to gives me different (Higher) salt reading than the other. This has been happening all week since converting even after lower the water level and refilling with fresh water. It's so frustrating.

Help!!!

Is it making chlorine? If so, don't sweat it.

A Taylor K-1766 salt test may put your mind at ease. You can get one sent to you from TFTestkits.net for about $26. I always monitor my salt level as my SWG isn't correct yet I'm too lazy to re-calibrate it. It makes chlorine just fine so I don't worry about it.

SWCG have a range they'll work with, if your high or low salt lights aren't on, and the unit is producing, enjoy the water. I know that sounds lackadaisical but sometimes it's just that easy. If the SWCG is happy, the number doesn't matter. It's just a number.
NOW: If SWCG is complaining and not producing. Then depending on the age of the cell, it could be on it's way out or dirty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.