CYA beyond measure on tf 100 TEST

start by taking equal parts of pool water with tap water. Then use this to perform the cya test, but double the results. If it is still 100, use 1 part pool water to 2 parts tap water and triple the result.... get the idea? Not entirely accurate but close enough!

CLORINE- 0
PH-8.2
Alk-400 +

Stablizer no graduation above 100 just estimating is 400

Water is clear with no algae
Believe it or not, that is one of the most common complaints on this forum. Not that the tester is no good, but high CYA. A steady diet of pucks and a weekly "shock" will rack up the CYA numbers in a big hurry.

The workaround is a dilution test. You're looking at a partial drain and refill no matter what, but it's nice to know in advance how much you can expect to replace. You don't want to be one of those who posts "I replaced half my pool water and CYA is still over 100" To do it, fill the mixing bottle to the first line with pool water, then to the second line with tap water and mix. Then pour off half. Then repeat the CYA test using that diluted sample as the pool water and double the result.

Alternately, go snitch a measuring cup from the kitchen and mix a sample using that and then pour some of that ble4nd into the mixing bottle. If you suspect the CYA is really over 200, then 2 parts tap water and 1 part pool water and triple the result.

I'd also suggest you run the CH test, too. If it's astronomical, you'll feel better about draining that much water.

Don't bother treating the water you have at the moment since you'll likely end up dumping a bunch anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.