using pool math without FAS/DPD Test ?

Jun 9, 2016
Seattle WA
Hi, This is my first time owning a pool. I have read and re read probably the entire forum, very informative. I did not know a thing about pool chemicals when we bought the pool at Wal-Mart. I Bought all HTH products. One lb bottle of PH increaser, One 5 lb. bottle of chlorinating tabs, One qt. of algae guard 60 and a bag of shock treatment.
Since finding the forum I bought 5 jugs of bleach and removed all chlorine tabs. I first bought the HTH 2 way test kit then went back and got the HTH 6 way test kit. My problem is, neither one tests for FAS/DPD and also, I've almost used all of the CYA regent.
My pool water is currently clear. Since I'm down to so little CYA, I'm hesitant to do any more testing until I absolutely have to. (I tried to use the pool math but the chlorine number was just from the basic test kit so I'm thinking it was not accurate.
My question is, is there a way to use the pool math calculator without the FAS/DPD reading. I can't get a new test kit yet because I've already spent so much on the pool and other equipment so far.
Thank You so much,
Lori

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.