Completely new to pools, got a swamp pool, need help

Sure thing, what's your decision about checking pH? You could buy an inexpensive kit from WalMart or a pool store I think it's called HTH 5in1. Or even a 2in1 would do. It comes in a little blue box.

You can start with 10 gallons bleach (not splashless or scented, at least 8% sodium hypochlorite). After we know pH you may have to run out and get some borax or muriatic acid. I honestly doubt that your pH is 6.0, but if it is, that needs to get dealt with. Look for a date on the bleach that looks like 16150 which means the 150th day of 2016. That's the manufacture date and you don't want the bleach to be too old. Have you clicked the links we provided to start learning Trouble Free Pool Care?. It's fair for you to know that we're not able to provide a recipe, so you'll need an understanding of the process. With your engagement, we'll be happy to help walk you through the things that aren't clear at first. In the end, you'll find it find it very straight forward to look after your pool. But cleaning up a swamp usually takes a week or two of attention each morning and evening at the least, and more attention through the first few days. Looking forward to hearing how low that pH is!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mean to dump 10 gals bleach in the pool. Just answering your question about how much to buy. I assume you're still putting 1/2 gallon a day in as Marian suggested.

Needsajet's gotcha covered. As long as you're going to Walmart, buy a couple of boxes of 20 Mule Team borax. If you need it, you'll have it. If not, hold on to it as it will keep. Someday you may want to add borates to your pool or you can always use it in the washer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.