Bronze Supporter
Mar 26, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I love using the TFP method. I slammed my pool a month ago and I now have 0.5 OCLT on average with 0 CCs.

I maintain a CYA level of about 70 and my chlorine level is around 10-12. I do the DPD-FAS test twice a day and have just had to order new reagents due to using them so much.

I have a sand filter that I use and backflush around once a week.

My backyard in on the desert in Phoenix (South Mountain). My water was looking a little hazy, although I had no trouble seeing the bottom of the deep end of the pool. My numbers were all good. I decided to add a little "water clarifier" to the pool. It cleared up the pool overnight. When I backflushed the filter a bunch of darker water came out initially from the backflush port. I think that dust from the desert enters the pool and it's too fine for the sand filter to capture.

Is there any problem with adding a bit of clarifier now and then to "brighten" up the pool?

I would use a skimmer sock and add some DE to help filter it out better. I have the same issue but mine is with pollen. The water looks completely clear with a slight haze. Once I added the sock I could actually see what the sand filer was not catching. It actually cleared it up very well but once I added the DE I was totally amazed at how clear the water can be!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.