New Pool Build in SW Austin, TX - Pump problem - please help

Re: New Pool Build in SW Austin, TX - Excavation Stage

Looks great. Thanks for the details.

Re: New Pool Build in SW Austin, TX - Excavation Stage

Plumbing & equipment in. Inspection is tomorrow or Thursday. If anyone sees anything I should bring to the attention of my PB please let me know :)
Equipment
[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Jk7228/media/image_zpsdcymdzce.jpeg.html][/URL]
Pipes
[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Jk7228/media/image_zpsxiieq2uk.jpeg.html][/URL]
Hot tub
[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Jk7228/media/image_zpsouy6qa4s.jpeg.html][/URL]
Pool
[URL=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Jk7228/media/image_zpsiqemsvjm.jpeg.html][/URL]

Re: New Pool Build in SW Austin, TX - Plumbing & Equipment - New Pics!

I'm by no means an expert but I'm learning a lot! I met with a Hayward rep to help get my Omnilogic set up. One of the comments he made when he saw my equipment was that he was happy to see the SWG installed upside down so that the hump was facing the ground, not the sky. It has to do with water flow and he said that they recommend that now (not sure how new that is). You may want to point that out to your PB.

I'm really happy with all my Hayward equipment. What are you doing for control/automation? I don't see any actuators.

Since you're all Hayward, let me know if you have any questions about Omnilogic. I did a bunch of research and actually chose to go all Hayward because I was impressed with their approach to automation. Once I got comfortable that their equipment is good, I was all set. Now that I have it up and running, I think I made a great choice.

We used Prologic and automated the three valves that allow the pool, spa, and water features to be regulated remotely. The Hayward AquaConnect app is great for turning on the spa mode/heater from the airport so it's ready when I get there or starting the water features and filter mode from 1500 miles away.

Thanks for the info on the automation. I'm going to meet with my pool builder tomorrow to make some decisions.

I ordered my TF-100 Start Up Kit yesterday and it should arrive on Friday :kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

HI! I am sorry I am just now finding this fun thread! I hope you decided on the lights........one really does need to be over by the shelf if you do not get the lighted bubblers. i think the spa body would block out some of the light if it is only on the left side.

Can you be there when they do the gunite? That is a very important time for things to be changed, tweaked, rounded, placed, etc. Better YOU pick how it is done instead of them doing it how they think you want it done.

:kim:

Hi kimkats! Since you are the resident design expert, can you please let me know what you think of my tile and stone choice? I am terrible at this stuff :)

I decided against the lights on advice from my PB. He promised me that the sun shelf would be lit where he positioned the light...I hope I don't regret trusting him. We did end up upgrading to the color lights so I am excited about that.

I am going to leave work early today so I will be able to be home for gunite. I hope to have some pictures this evening!

I tend towards the BLING as in shiny and jewel like BUT I do like your picks. Pretty colors. Tile "goes" with the stone. Stone will be fun to pick out which piece goes where so you have the colors mixed up. We had one build where they put all of the lighter ones together and all of the darker ones together. They redid it after some fussing :(

Now something to think about.........what color of grout? Have you talked to your PB about that at all? If not ask him for the grout stick samples. I am thinking more towards creamy/tan NOT white or too light. Maybe gray but seeing the samples will help.

I like bling too, but my wife isn't a fan. We compromised - I got the colored lights I wanted and she got the toned down tile. The grout we picked is a creamy tan color, I can't remember the name but it was what our PB recommended for that tile (it is his favorite tile and he has used it on several builds). I have a photo of the sample on the tile, but I can't access photobucket from work.

I will closely monitor the stone layout, but it is definitely one area that I trust my PB in. He has built pools for several of our neighbors and I have seen a few of his builds. His stone workers are incredible. I'm hopeful my build will be the same.

Re: New Pool Build in SW Austin, TX - We Have Gunite!! - New Pics!

OH yes you do! Have you started "bonding" with it? aka watering it! When you get tired of doing it by hand you can use a sprinkler to help out.

Do you have your test kit yet? If not ask your PB what he is providing. Share it with us so we can help you fill in the holes if any.

I am going to share a set of links I put together for new pool owners. The first on you REALLY need to run by your PB to see what he thinks since he holds the warranty card! Also do not worry about the "no swimming for 30 days" unless you are doing a acid filled start up instead of the acid wash one. (ask your PB which one he is using):

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

These are for after it is filled and in your control. It is a LOT of info that will start to make sense once you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Re: New Pool Build in SW Austin, TX - We Have Gunite!! - New Pics!

I will start bonding with it tomorrow morning. We have good chances for rain this weekend so I'm crossing my fingers that Mother Nature will help me out :)

I don't know what test kit my PB will be providing, but my TF-100 test bundle will arrive tomorrow or Monday so that is what I will be using.

Thanks for all the links, I've already got them printed out and put in my pool notebook. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions over the next few months and I'm so grateful to have found this forum and all the knowledgeable people on here!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.