Vacuum equipment. What is sufficient?

StacyTX

Gold Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
Leander, Texas
Our new pool came with an automatic vacuum that attaches to a return on the pool wall. (Would love to know what to call it.). I've named him R2DU for now and he looks like this.
7e70508607c36a5592d79b8bdbf0cffe.jpg

My question is do I also need a traditional vacuum that plugs in to a skimmer?

Complicating issue, R2DU does not reach the spa. Hubby went to the pool store and came home with this thing
8c12b70ce731598b306c1556008b2031.jpg

which seems work very poorly and only after a lot of pumping.

I know I'm taking back the hand pump thing.

So, I'm wondering what to get to replace it. Something pool powered for the spa only? Or am I going to be pitching in to help R2 regularly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a "pressure side" cleaner, maybe a polaris. There are other manufacturers, but Polaris sells a lot of them. Do you have a separate booster pump that runs in tandem with the cleaner?

Pool Blaster Max is like a dust buster for the Spa, I think many people have them and enjoy them. They are rechargeable (batteries don't last too long) but should suffice for the spa and other places that the Polaris wont get.

Thank you very much.
I really love this place.
And yes, the only identifying mark on it is in the "tail". It does say Polaris.
It must be pretty old though because I looked all over online and never saw a gray one.
It also does only run when we press the booster pump button.

I don't have a spa but ordered a basic vacuum because my Pentair Sand Shark takes several hours to to the whole pool and I am not really sure it even does yet.

If I need to spot vacuum or need to have it done in less than many hours which also costs more in electricity since the pump has to run at a higher speed for longer, I use the traditional manually vacuum.

Amazon.com : Swimline 8150 Weighted Flex Vacuum Head, Blue : Swimming Pool Vacuum Heads : Patio, Lawn Garden

They say there are no stupid questions, so here goes...
Why do you have to be over 16 to order a pool vacuum head?
I Googled it and find nothing.

Some vacuum heads are cleaned with alcohol and that leaves a residual layer of alcohol...nah just kidding. It's likely an amazon policy to restrict accidental or unapproved sales to minors. I can't say that I have ever had to click the "over 16" box though I would satisfy that criteria by several years!

Yeah, I wasn't worried about getting carded. I just thought that maybe kids had thought of some bizarre new way to use drugs or something!
Some sort of pool-vacuum-head-super-bong maybe? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.