Captain SLAM is on the scene........

Jun 5, 2016
Mississippi
:cool: Hello everone, Captain SLAM here, I embarked on the epic journey of constructing a Brand NEW pool (18x36 IG Rectangle) for my family and I to enjoy for years to come. Work started a little over a month ago. The process of clearing the site, digging the pool, and constructing the walls took all of about three days time. From there the process of pouring the concrete and installing Flagstone coping and pouring additional 15 yards of concrete for a patio and constructing a flight of cake steps ( also Flagstone) took about 6 days time. From there, everything has slowed down..... the "Pool Guys" came out and applied, in two days time, what accumulated to be about 8 lbs of shock to the pool. Ok let me give you a little run down...... after the flagstone was installed a lot of mortor from the stone got into the pool, the liner, which was previously installed due to rain threat that never happened, was installed first, BIG MISTAKE. So, it left the water in terrible shape, very cloudy and a lot of debris (mortor) on the bottom. Now, back to the PG coming out, they put, as I said earlier, about 8 lbs of shock in the span of two days. within two hours after application, FC was non existent. SO....... Captain SLAM is on the scene....... ENTER BBB Method. 24 hours later water is clearing dramatically and now its time to vac out all that mortor.

So a little background on myself, this pool is my first one and I have been "researching" TFP of many days now. First off, I would like to tell each one of you who have had problems or shared experiences.... THANKS!!;) SO I decided to join to show my appreciation and maybe one day be able to help someone out. Oh, I went ahead and purchased the Taylor 2006-C Kit even before they came to clear my pool, I read a few posts/ topics and realized very quickly this was the only way to go. SO if you find yourself reading this, drop me a line.

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the test kit!
Invest in knowledge while your test kit is in the mail. Please pay special attention to the following Pool School Parts:
1. Chlorinating Your Pool - either find a pool store that sells bulk liquid bleach/chlorine/shock in refillable containers or grab 10 bottles of the walmart pool essentials liquid shock (10% bleach 128oz) out in the garden center and currently on rollback for $2.50. If they don't have those fresh, (date code stamp should read 16 1##, if it is less than 16 100, probably better off buying the regular great value bleach 8.25%.
2. Filters & Pumps - Maintenance and Cleaning - because you need to understand how to use the PSI gauge correctly for your sand filter and backwash correctly (backwash, rinse, backwash, rinse and the timings)
3. Test Kit Directions - 2006C is a great test kit, but basic directions can only cover so much. this is extended instructions

and very cute name :super: