New to site, new pool onwer, introduction too...

Axhammer said:
I have to mow the lawn, then I will test my pool water, and post the results!

Thanks TFP folks!

Screw the lawn! We want test results! :mrgreen:

AND PICS TOO! 8)

Pool is full, was still gettin topped off when I took sample water

I just added another 128 oz bottle of 6% bleach. for a total of five in the last three days

FC 3.5
CC .5
pH 7.5
TA 160
CH 150
CYA <20

Pool is crystal clear, I almost went swimming tonight

OK folks I know thw CYA is low, what should I add to get it up some?

Thanks Again!

You need Stabilizer/Conditioner which you can buy at WalMart in the pool isle. :goodjob:

Thanks everyone, we all went swimming today after work, the pool is awesome.

I'm having a hard time making any sense of the pool calculator, so I added a couple lbs of CYA to the deep end, and watched it sink to the bottom, it doesnt dissolve readily does it?

Is it OK to swim in the pool tomorrow if the CYA is still sitting on the bottom?

I guess I'm kinda shooting from the hip here...

Thanks again everyone!

You need to vacume that up, into your filter, and let it finish dissolving there - don't clean or backwash for 1 week, retest in 5-6 days. Don't let it sit on the vinyl liner dissolving, it's acidic and can damage it. Leave the filter running for 12-24 hours after vacuming it up.

You can swim after vacuming it.

Keep playing with the calc.....

Your Test results go in the "now" column, your Recommended Level or goal goes in the Target column. Enter your pool size in gallons in the box, top left. Hit calculate. Make sure the Unit box is set to U.S.

You'll get to know it better and love using it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.