New AGP Install (Hampshire, IL) Started April 2016

nate, I use the oz. on the side of my plastic measuring cup so that would be vol.

CYA can "play" with anyone so you can have it hanging in front of the return while you add anything. The only two you need to wait about 15 mins. between adding is chlorine and muratic acid (MA).

Kim:cat:

Any chance you can shed some light on your equipment set up? It looks like I have the same filter,pump and SWG. Pool builder only has 2 valves included in my installation and before he starts on the 5th I want to make sure I have everything I need that I want add additionally. Seeing all of your valves makes me think I need more!!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wraenking,

I will take some pictures later of everything but here is my setup.

Skimmer > Jandy Valve > Union > PVC To Pump > Union > Pump > Union > Filter > 3 Way Valve (By Pass For Heater) (Heater Route When Complete : Check Valve > Union > Heater > Union > T-Connector) (By Pass: T-Connector) > Check Valve > Jandy Valve > PVC To Return > Union > SWG Cell > Return > Pool :)

I will say with the few little fixes I have had to do all the valves have been awesome! I went with the higher end valves after reading on here about the cheep "hardware store" ones. Each valve was around $30. I went crazy with the unions so I can bring everything in during winter and clean everything out right. I looked at some setups and if you do not have all the unions you would have to cut the pipe to fix anything. I spent some time planing this to get it just right and I over research everything :) I will post so pictures of the setup later to help out. Some of the "pros" on this site might chime in a bit with some advice but I think I have all the valves needed. If I didn't have the SWG cell I would have a valve right before the return.

Hope this helps! I am glad to help out, this site has been a great resource for me for this process!

- - - Updated - - -

Kim,

Thanks! I will get some more CYA in the pool now. I added 65 OZ by weight to the pool of dry acid that I dissolved in a bucket. I rechecked the PH a few hours later and I am right around 7.6. I think my first PH test might have been higher then I thought. Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before the PH will drop or should I add more Dry Acid per the Pool Calc with the new test results? My TA also went down to 200 now :)

Updated Results:

PH : 7.6 (Down From ~8+)
TA : 200 (Down From 260)

Thanks so much. If you want you can pm me or email direct to [email protected] to not mess up your thread. I did run to home Depot and the 7 unions they had in Stock. I'll order the valves from amazon once I see your setup as it should be identical since we are installing a heater as wrll

Thanks again

Tom

I do a 30 mins wait with the pump on high to test and redose as need with PH.

I like that your TA is responding so well to it. Keep a good log so you can learn your pools needs and reactions.

Kim,

I added 35oz of CYA and 35oz (by weight) of Dry Acid. My PH is now 7.2 but my TA is still holding around 200. Do I keep dropping the PH or do I have to wait now until it goes back up? I log everything, I love data!

Thanks so much. If you want you can pm me or email direct to [email protected] to not mess up your thread. I did run to home Depot and the 7 unions they had in Stock. I'll order the valves from amazon once I see your setup as it should be identical since we are installing a heater as wrll

Thanks again

Tom

Wraenking,

If I email you I can't show off all my hard work :)

Here is a picture of the pool side connections. Ignore the bonding wire, that will be fixed in a few days. Only thing left is to add some pavers per KimKats recommendation under my skimmer for overflow. From here the PVC runs about 8 ft to my pump pad.

I took a picture from both sides of the pump pad. My pad is 7.5ft x 4ft. I am planing to add a Hayward heater in a few months (when I finish paying for this pool and deck!). You can see in the second picture where I added the lines for the heater. Few things I learned. Get clear primer for the PVC, and use the thicker Teflon tape not the paste for the threaded connections. Also if you look towards the beginning of my thread you will see when I dry fit all of my connectors. There are two types of PVC connectors. DVW and Pressure, you need to make sure you get the pressure ones. They are both Schedule 40 but the pressure fittings allow the pipe to set in further. Hardware stores sell both. Hope this helps! I am glad to help in any way I can. I learned a lot from this site, the people here are great resources!

Oh and I had to share the best part.... Today I only worked on the pool for a few hours and it was time to enjoy!

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

There is the official link to lowering TA

The cliff notes are-push the PH down to 7.2 with MA, aerate the water by turning the returns up so they really roll the water or turning on the waterfall or fountain if you have one to push the PH back up to 7.8 as fast as you can. Do this over and over and your TA will fall.

- - - Updated - - -

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the smiles! THAT is what it is all about!

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

There is the official link to lowering TA

The cliff notes are-push the PH down to 7.2 with MA, aerate the water by turning the returns up so they really roll the water or turning on the waterfall or fountain if you have one to push the PH back up to 7.8 as fast as you can. Do this over and over and your TA will fall.

- - - Updated - - -

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the smiles! THAT is what it is all about!

Kim,

Thanks I read that, I just wanted to make sure I understood the process. I will get good at the TA test :) At least I am moving the right direction! Thanks again for your help, hope you had a great weekend! Our kids our both sleeping already!

Thanks so much for the pics and information. That helps alot! I have been looking for valves online and everything seems to be 1 - 1/2 to 2" . I am going with a 1 1/2" setup. Do they mean the valves are either size? If not can you grab me your part numbers on your valves /check valves

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the pics and information. That helps alot! I have been looking for valves online and everything seems to be 1 - 1/2 to 2" . I am going with a 1 1/2" setup. Do they mean the valves are either size? If not can you grab me your part numbers on your valves /check valves

Thanks again!

Those are the ones you need. The inside diameter is 1 1/2" and the outside diameter is 2". My pipe is 1 1/2" so the pipe fit inside the connector.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You do some CRAZY good work! WOW! How will you be doing the "lid" of your storage boxes?

I really like the rails. Look and clean.

That sunset-----------ahhhhhhhhhhhhh a sigh of contentment!

I think we are just going to cut the deck boards and screw them all together and just make a finger hole. That is today's project so I will hopefully be posting an awesome picture of the finished project tonight :) I am sure what ever we do will send me to the hardware store atleast 3 times......

I was really happy with the railings. Thanks for the feedback!

We are 70 and partly cloudy today so it is a nice day to work! Pictures later...

Kim,

I lowered my Ph this morning again to 7.2 and the TA only came down 20 points to 200. I read that it will take awhile, does that sound about right? Going to switch to MA next round because Dry Acid will be expensive that many rounds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.