looking at buying above ground pool

May 30, 2016
Missouri
I am looking at purchasing my first above ground pool have looked at a couple of places and feel overwhelmed with all of this information and choices i am currently looking at a 18x40x52 oval pool from thepoolfactory it is the saltwater 5000. Is this a good pool? I am not wanting to do a saltwater system, do to it being close to a metal fence. what kind of pump and filtration system would be best this pool is 19,000 gal? What type of chlorination system should i buy? Is there anything else i should buy right away?

Welcome to TFP :)

spend some time an check out some of the builds, grab a test kit :)

Just so you know, all chlorine pools are salt water pools, salt is used to stabilize the chlorine :)

I would and almost always recommend a SWG but they are not for everyone :) below is what I would get from there

6TaQ3Wth.png

With a saltwater chlorine generator (swg) you make your own chlorine and it is released into the pool depending on how your have the swg set up. SWGs can be adjusted to increase or decrease the % of chlorine created, depending on what is needed. If you are going to chlorinate manually, then you will need to have several gallons of plain, unscented bleach on hand at all times. You use your test results and PoolMath to determine the correct chlorine level and dose the pool appropriately. You should check the chlorine levels daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.