New Guy

cds247

May 25, 2016
Charlotte
Hi.

I wanted to poke my head in and say "hi" and thank you for the site.

We've got a small pool that we put in two seasons ago using Baquacil. It is our first pool, so we don't have much experience, and were lured in by the low maintenance aspect of this option. We weren't clear on how much more expensive an option it was, but didn't know any better, so just went with it. In our second season, we had some pretty bad hazing and threw many hundreds of dollars at trying to clear it up with proprietary/Baquacil branded chemicals. We were never able to get back to that crystal clear water we had in the first season. Some googling later and I ended up here at TFP, and saw that this isn't an unusual set of issues.

After the experience last season, the expense involved, feeling locked into a particular pool store only brand, and sharing a lot of what I'd read on TFP, I was able to convince the family that we should give chlorine a try.

After letting the pool sit all winter with no treatment, we recently picked up a TFT-100 XL kit and have stocked up on bleach and are ready to give it a shot. Here goes!

Thanks for this great resource.

Welcome to TFP! You will NOT regret converting. I can't even imagine how much money you will save a year using the BBB method. If you haven't already, please consider browsing through the Pool School. Click the link on the upper right hand corner of the site to visit!