New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL

Personally I'd go for the owned large tank. I wouldn't be able to stand the first time I couldn't use the spa and wanted to because we were out of propane. Heaven help me if it happened to the wife. If you do go with portable tanks I'd get two 40lb tanks (the same size as grill tanks just much taller) and an automatic switchover valve. Then when you notice the first one is empty (valve shows red) go get it filled. You can get all of this from an RV supply store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an awesome design! What subdivision are you in? We hope to be building our pool soon (long story involving pervious/impervious issues with our subdivision) and we're in Hickory Hammock by Johns Lake. If we get allotted the impervious percentage we need to build our pool, we'll probably get finished at the end of the year. At least I'll be able to use the spa. Can't wait to see your pool progress!

Whoa! You are right next door! We are in Stoneybrook West. A co-worker of mine just bought a house in Hickory Hammock.

Howdy neighbor! Our daughter in middle school has friends over in Stoneybrook. Who's your pool builder? We got quotes from several and decided to go with Atlas although they weren't the cheapest and unfortunately we keep adding little things here and there that are adding up. We will also be using propane for the spa and will have heat pump for the pool (we're screening ours because mosquitos LOVE me). We plan to buy a 250 gallon tank and bury it. We could have done a 100 gallon above ground but I plan to use the spa pretty often and wanted less delivery fees plus when we eventually add an outdoor kitchen, we'll use the tank for the grill.

Wish we had enough backyard space to do a bigger pool like yours but we're limited by a fairly small lot. I'll just have to live vicariously through yours!

Howdy neighbor! Our daughter in middle school has friends over in Stoneybrook. Who's your pool builder? We got quotes from several and decided to go with Atlas although they weren't the cheapest and unfortunately we keep adding little things here and there that are adding up. We will also be using propane for the spa and will have heat pump for the pool (we're screening ours because mosquitos LOVE me). We plan to buy a 250 gallon tank and bury it. We could have done a 100 gallon above ground but I plan to use the spa pretty often and wanted less delivery fees plus when we eventually add an outdoor kitchen, we'll use the tank for the grill.

Wish we had enough backyard space to do a bigger pool like yours but we're limited by a fairly small lot. I'll just have to live vicariously through yours!

There's a ridiculous amount of mosquitoes by where we live. My friend who lives in your neighborhood also said the same. I am really hoping that a mosquito automated misting system can solve the problem since a screen is not only expensive, but doesn't fit the scope of this pool very well.

My PB is Artesian. One of my co-worker went with Atlas(I never got a quote from them). We got 4 quotes before going with Artesian. They were the most reasonable when it comes to pricing. I had quotes from 83k (Artesian) all the way to 130k. Some PBs were offering a much smaller pool for over 100k. I think for the pool/water features/ and a travertine deck space of over 2k sqft, the price is actually not too bad.

Yep, we were between Atlas and Artesian and although Artesian was cheaper, we "clicked" more with the designer from Atlas plus he has been so patient with my many many design changes. Lots of people have gone with Artesian in our community. There are two pools being built right now on the lots right behind me and it's killing me having to wait to get the whole impervious issue settled. Not sure how the two being built right now got approval and the guy I talked to from the City of Winter Garden couldn't really give me an answer. Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.

There are several people in our neighborhood that use Mosquito Joe's but I haven't heard how well it's working for them. You'll probably be finished and swimming before ours gets started so make sure to let us know if the misting system works well for the mosquitos.

Yep, we were between Atlas and Artesian and although Artesian was cheaper, we "clicked" more with the designer from Atlas plus he has been so patient with my many many design changes. Lots of people have gone with Artesian in our community. There are two pools being built right now on the lots right behind me and it's killing me having to wait to get the whole impervious issue settled. Not sure how the two being built right now got approval and the guy I talked to from the City of Winter Garden couldn't really give me an answer. Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.

There are several people in our neighborhood that use Mosquito Joe's but I haven't heard how well it's working for them. You'll probably be finished and swimming before ours gets started so make sure to let us know if the misting system works well for the mosquitos.

So you are having permitting issues with the City of Winter Garden or HOA issues?

Rock work and tiles are done. Pergola posts are up! Cleared up the lake view as well.

IMG_20160724_085852_zpsvin9gtsj.jpg

IMG_20160724_085931_zps7pzezisy.jpg

IMG_20160724_090023_zpszcwnkvkm.jpg

Wow! That's going to be such an incredible view from the pool! I can't wait to see the finished build!

Our issue involves a new plan that was submitted a few months ago by our builder's engineers to the City of Winter Garden with a specific percentage of impervious coverage allotted per lot. This ended up being a huge mistake on their part. While they're trying to figure out a resolution, we're limited to 35% impervious coverage of the lot. My house actually takes up more than 35% of the lot so obviously something will need to be done to fix all this. But they told us we can't get approved for the pool permit until a revised final plan is submitted. We had a meeting at our clubhouse at the beginning of June with representatives from the builder and the CWG who said they expected to get all this resolved in a few weeks and everyone would be able to get a pool put in who wanted one but we're coming into the last week of July without a resolution. It's just so frustrating!

So I found this fantastic landscaping program that allows me to super impose trees/furniture onto the pictures I took earlier today. Let me know if these trees are good ideas. My wife is concerned about the palm trees in the planters. She feels like it's going to be too cluttered and just want some shrubs in those planters. I feel like the palm trees give it the accent it needs..also shurbs blend into the lake weed we have in the back.

I don't want anything crazy blocking the view, and also don't want anything blowing into the pool. All the cartoon furniture is pretty much exactly what we have bought already.

My biggest concern is the podocarpus for privacy. Will this block my neighbor's view of the lake? They are good people and would hate to do that..especially we are borrowing some of their fence. But I also feel like we both would appreciate the privacy.
Front%20view_zpscmzgwmak.jpg

couch_zpsk4u7druu.jpg

Backview_zpsfsucxamx.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Clean up which is happening today. Fence will go up probably tomorrow. Pergola people were suppose to be here today but didn't show and summer kitchen's frame will most likely be done by the end of this week. Safety inspection after fence and windows alarm and then plaster!

Have you seen the test kit he will provide you? If not ask for it so we can help you fill in the the holes.

Here is a link on caring for new plaster. Make sure to run it by the PB as he is the one that holds the warranty card!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Here is a set of links I put together for new pool owners. There is a lot of info. Just take it a bite at a time. It will all fall into place as you use it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.