New Build - First Pool Las Vegas, NV

I missed your build last year, too! Congratulations on the birthday! I'm so glad you came back to give us an update.

It looks like a resort - honestly, just fabulous! I can only imagine how much you guys enjoy it.

I have Kichler lights in my backyard with the pool. They are wonderful, but I've never had anything else in that grade of lighting. I just had some lighting put in my front yard. I went for econmy this time. There is a big difference, but it's fine for the front. I almost never see the front at night anyway, and we don't entertain.

Funny story re the Kichler quality.... The uplight to my crepe myrtle went out, but it was middle of winter so I didn't care too much. Along about March I went out to check the status so I could report to the installer. Well, it was buried unter a 2 1/2 foot fire ant bed. Oh, I felt so negligent. I bought some fire ant killer - the granules you pour around and over the mound, then soak with water. On some fire ant forum, they suggested to poke holes in the top middle of the bed to pour more granules and water. I used a 4' metal yard stake. When I did, part of the top center mound broke open, and it was glowing! It was a deep red glow and looked like fire. I freaked out and for a split second thought, "This is why they're called fire ants; they must protect their mound with glowing embers somehow." I quickly poked again and hit something hard, so I used the stake to scoop under and up. Yep, it was the uplight, in perfect condition and still burning it's little heart out. I guess the mound was so big, because the fire ants had lighting every night to build wider and deeper tunnels.

We'll need lots of pictures with captions on that Vegas TFPers party!!

Suz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.