Greenish Dirt or Algae on bottom of pool

The pool looks much better but that *dirt* is still accumulating. Have you done an OCLT yet?

Eagerly awaiting results! Be sure that if you make any chlorine addition tonight, that you wait 1/2 to 1 hour later and test again to know EXACTLY what your FC/CC reads so that you get an accurate evening reading. Poolmath "goals" can in actuality be under or over shot. Make sense?

Absolutely! To answer your question earlier Marian, it usually accumulates near the pool wall in clumps. I got in today and swam underwater. I felt it in between my fingers. Felt like a fine sand but not rough at all. Not slimy but not dry either. There wasn't a lot in today. Probably about two salt shakers worth and in different spots.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't think that it's pollen. There's not a lot of algae compared to other types of algae and this type is very unreactive to chlorine. Therefore, it's not unusual to pass the OCLT with this type of algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.