Getting CYA level up

Apr 24, 2016
Dayton, Ohio
First, is there an expiration for CYA? I got a 25 pound pale and will use around 7 pounds this year.

I put 5 pounds in a muslin bag I bought to brew beer and threw it in skimmer. Bag is more porous than a tube sock, but there isn't a tube sock to be had in our house or 6. A little bit of the granules ended up in bottom of pool and I brushed it out of corner but assume it won't dissolve for couple days. Any worry about being on epoxy, maybe a 1/2 cup or less total came through bag when I wet it in front of return?

Also I can see small amount of granules in pump basket and assume that's ok and should get caught in filter until dissolves there.

Does the acid going through equipment at higher concentration directly from skimmer pose any issue?

Thanks

Its not as acidic as muratic acid so no. Make sure the filter stays running for 48 hours while it dissolves. Can you vacuum that spill up?

I'm not aware of an expiration, if stored properly. You'll know when you test if its still got its muscle... ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.