Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best deals on AquaTrol?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best deals on AquaTrol?

Considering an AquaTrol - prices vary widely from $509 up to around $600 and then there is the verticle and hose model issue? Advice on where you found your best deal and which type of AquaTrol you installed on your AGP. Thanks.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Best deals on AquaTrol?

Well, the RJ model is cheaper than the HP model. Apples-to-apples in shopping. If you A/G pool has a pretty secure wall at the return jet, you can use the RJ model just fine. Those price ranges are not bad at all.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought the hose pipe with the 20 amp twist lock receptacle version Bought it off ebay from Aqua Superstore for $540 shipped. This was the best deal last year. You can get the return jet version with a standard receptacle cheaper but I wanted to plumb mine in rigid PVC and I need the 20 amp receptacle for my pump. The inspector would have nailed me if I used the 15 amp version since my pump draws a max of 16 amps.
    Patriot Arcadia 15' round 52". Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft Cartridge filter, 1HP Optiflow pump, Goldline Aquatrol SWG. 2 - 4'x20' solar panels roof mounted. All rigid PVC plumbing. Resin Solar reel with 8mil Thermo-tex solar cover. 14 x 12 deck.

Ovation 15'x24'x52'' AG. Pentair System 3 150 SQ foot cartridge filter, 1 1/2 HP pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh thanks!! I think I'll be looking at hard plumbing as well so really think the hose/pipe version would work best too. Do you have much for issues of having to re-set the entire system if you have a power outage? That is the one reason I was thinking of going with this system rather than the one I have. Mine works great UNLESS the power goes out - then it shuts down and will not operate until I re-set the entire system again -which requires that you turn it on/start up at the exact time you want it to start up every day. Ugh. Thunderstorm season means re-setting often.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

I cant say for sure. I did not need to reset it all summer. The timer and output percentages are all set mechanically so I wouldn't think power loss would be an issue.
    Patriot Arcadia 15' round 52". Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft Cartridge filter, 1HP Optiflow pump, Goldline Aquatrol SWG. 2 - 4'x20' solar panels roof mounted. All rigid PVC plumbing. Resin Solar reel with 8mil Thermo-tex solar cover. 14 x 12 deck.

Ovation 15'x24'x52'' AG. Pentair System 3 150 SQ foot cartridge filter, 1 1/2 HP pump.