Ultra-Frame Pool set up with Overlap Liner

aboykin2269

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pittsboro NC
Ok, so I read some threads on here about setting up an Intex-type pool and using an overlap liner instead of buying a new one (costs almost as much as a new pool). So I decided to do that this year for a couple of reasons. First, when I set up the new pool last year on the patio, I didn't have the ground cover completely under the pool. Result was several small leaks on the bottom near the walls. Second, I really liked the idea of being able to get a nice pattern with the new liner and the one I got (25ML) was only $125.00.

The initial set up was OK, but when I started to fill it, the liner settled more than I thought it would. The little tarp hook things started popping off and it really freaked me out. I had to re-snap them several times. I would fix one and another one would pop off. Then another, and another. Those things will kill your hands/fingers. They are not easy to snap on. Not at all.

So end result, once the water got a little over half way, the "popping" of the tarp snaps stopped and everything settled into place. However, what started as a perfectly lined up liner, ended up being uneven in many places. BUT, the inside does look great and it seems to be very stable. I think we are going to enjoy it this year, but, I doubt I will be doing this again. I will probably just get a new pool next year. Oh well, live and learn.

But again, on the bright side, we have a beautiful pattern to look at and most importantly, OUR POOL IS UP! Water is pretty cold, but the pool is up! I got to use my TF100 for the first time this year and let's just say, I Love it. I Love having crystal clear water and being responsible for it all on my own.

Now come on warmer weather!

pool1a.jpg

pool2a.jpg

pool3a.jpg

pool4a.jpg

pool5a.jpg

How did you cut the inlet and out let for filter??

I have a thru the wall skimmer and 1 return. So first, you have to put enough water in there to hold the liner in place (just below where the lowest cut you have to make). For the skimmer, I placed the plastic square and gasket on the inside lined up with the pre-existing cut-out. The old liner already had holes where the screws go thru it, so I just used the screws to poke thru the new liner fed them thru the existing holes. Then I put the outside plastic and gasket thru the holes and screwed everything into place. So then all I had to do was use an exacto-knife and cut it out. No leaks, worked great.
For the return, I just held the new liner against the old liner (again, the water helped hold it in place) and just cut it out from the outside thru the existing hole. It was easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.