Looking to make first ever purchase of robotic cleaner

No cord swivel. Yes, debris container is large, but it is not a bag...more like a basket. I will post back after more uses!

- - - Updated - - -

I just read Lykly's sig. What is #4 plaster? Is that the best/most expensive you can get? How long is it expected to last? I need my pool re-plastered (and tiled, and coped).

#4 is on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being very light and 10 being very dark. When I asked my plaster guy the color he said number 4... it was kind of a standing joke. Never did really find out the actual color but it is a fairly dark blue/grey color. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be curious to see if you have any trouble with the cord being tangled. Everything else I read about it is very good.

Any updates with the cord, any issues? Thx

Geebot - the 300 shows it is also Bluetooth capable. It can connect to your smartphone via the mydolphin app just like the 300i? Any thoughts regarding the functionality of the Bluetooth capability etc?

Thanks.

I bought the s300 last fall and loved the bluetooth. I could leave the bot in my pool and go out from my upper deck and set it to run. I loved that feature. However over the winter Maytronics "updated" the app, so now the only options I have are on/off and ma ual control. I called Maytronics and they told me that the s300 was not intended to have the same bluetooth abilities as the 300i and the app update corrected the problem. I am really upset about the way they did this as it was one of the features I purchased the device for.

I've had my s300i for about a week now so no comment on reliability. But in the short time I've had it, I love it! Cord tangling is no issue whatsoever. Climbs like a champ. Top basket is so easy to remove and clean. Bluetooth is actually quite handy and I wouldn't want a robot without the ability to manually move it to a dirty spot. Overall really happy.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like the 300 series are very good. What's holding me back is my pool is not very big, and I am considering a cordless vac as I think I could spend prob 15 - 20 min twice a week to aid my pressure side cleaner. Problem is the reviews on the Cordless vacs are very poor all over the web. Just not sure I need the bot. That 300i seems to be the ticket if I do pull the trigger.

I bought the s300 last fall and loved the bluetooth. I could leave the bot in my pool and go out from my upper deck and set it to run. I loved that feature. However over the winter Maytronics "updated" the app, so now the only options I have are on/off and ma ual control. I called Maytronics and they told me that the s300 was not intended to have the same bluetooth abilities as the 300i and the app update corrected the problem. I am really upset about the way they did this as it was one of the features I purchased the device for.

You can still turn it on/off from a phone. Tap the indicator at the upper right to toggle between on and off.

You can still turn it on/off from a phone. Tap the indicator at the upper right to toggle between on and off.

Yes I can turn it in and off and I still have manual control, but I used to be able to set the cleaning mode (fast/normal/thorough), floor only, walls only, or both, and set daily or weekly timers. Some of these options are still available by using the wired control module, but the lighted icons are not very descriptive. I just think it is bad business to take away a feature or set of features from a device that is capable, by locking a model number out of the app.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I understand the company charging more for more options available only on certain models, but I also agree with you, once they give it to you I think it's poor practice to remove it. Rather it was by mistake or not.

The S and Active models seem to have very universal positive reviews. Cord doesn't tangle. I think this might be because it floats and the robot runs underneath the cord. There seem to be several models with various features from basic to all bells and whistles. I got the top model and am very happy. But if all you want is a good unit to forego having to drag out the hose to skimmer etc, any of these new units should do the trick.

I, too, have my eye on the S300...my only concern is with the main drains in our pool. Our Dolphin DX-4 spins around quite often on the main drains, and I'm glad the cord swivels when it does this. (And, yes...I've installed the "fix" provided by Maytronics that helps, but does not eliminate the issue).

If I get this robot, I will definitely purchase from a local source, as I would have to return it if it spins on my main drains.

If I get this robot, I will definitely purchase from a local source, as I would have to return it if it spins on my main drains.

One of the biggest reasons I purchase from Amazon, in addition to large savings, is the fact of the hasslefree returns. Other than having to rebox, Amazon is easiest place I've ever dealt with to return anything. Just be sure you're dealing directly with Amazon. It's always good to support local businesses well, it's just hard for me to spend 40 or even 50% more for something locally. I saved $600 buying my Pentair Intelliflo from Amazon, with same warranty.

One of the biggest reasons I purchase from Amazon, in addition to large savings, is the fact of the hasslefree returns. Other than having to rebox, Amazon is easiest place I've ever dealt with to return anything. Just be sure you're dealing directly with Amazon. It's always good to support local businesses well, it's just hard for me to spend 40 or even 50% more for something locally. I saved $600 buying my Pentair Intelliflo from Amazon, with same warranty.

With Maytonics' "current" line models they will only honor warranty if purchased through an authorized dealer (not online). Previous years' models can be purchased online with full warranty. So, in this case, at least, Amazon is not the better option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.