Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mosquito Larvae???

1. Back To Top    #1

Mosquito Larvae???

When I went out to check my PH this morning I noticed these tiny wormy wiggly things in the water. Our pump has not been running yet because I wasn't sure if I should let it run using a cartridge that was previously used with Baqua until I had everything ready for the conversion. Guess I should have asked, but I'm not even sure how long they have been there since it took a week and a half to get the pool filled. We have tons of mosquitos outside and I was thinking these little wormy things could possibly be mosquito larvae. From what I've read while researching CL will not kill them....so how do you get rid of them? I do not want to be swimming with "worms" and I don't even know if it's safe. Thanks!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mosquito Larvae???

I really wouldn't worry about it right now. Shock levels of chlorine, which you will have soon, will kill them.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Mosquito Larvae???

Ok, thanks.
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User