New Pool - Orlando Florida

OK thanks Kim. Plenty of time to think about what to do and test. Also as the pavers age they may darken.

For the miss-match with the original pavers in the Lanai I may carpet that area with indoor/outdoor carpet or area rug and when the outdoor furniture is put in place, the screen is installed and the pool is filled with water it will look better.

What REALLY bothers me the most is the attitude of the PB. No apologies for not matching the pavers and didn't even offer to change a few pavers without asking for $$. I'll be glad when I'm finished with him and can enjoy my pool.

Update - I'm one step closer! Now that the Pavers are in the pool screen/cage subcontractor arrived late Friday to measure.

It will be about 2 weeks until he does the install. They pre-assemble the parts with the screen at their shop so they can put it all together here on site in about a day.

Then all that's left is plaster and start-up. I had been hoping for completion Memorial Day.

I'll be lucky if it's done 4th of July especially with Tropical Storm Colin heading our way today. That will delay the subs even more.

Well at least I got rid of the Mud!!!

Update: It's over a week since the screen cage guy measured. They told me 2 weeks so maybe they will be here to install in a week. Most likely more than that.

PB will not schedule WetEdge plaster until screen is in and said they are very busy now. Anyone know how long a wait I should expect after they're scheduled?

Meanwhile pool is sitting with 2' of green water with rainy season getting underway. It has never dried out and PB says water won' hurt anything including my 2 Pentair Color LEDs sitting in watersoaked cartons.

Seems like I won't be swimming until the summer is over. :(

I am postponing ordering my TF-100 test kit I was going to order this week from TFTestkits.net since I want the reagents to be fresher. Postponing already saved me the nozzle exchange and I get the CYA sample. Also I convinced myself to get the SpeedStir. :)

I went to the pool store to test my tap water for the eventual fill and PH was 80, TA 120, CH 125:
for more on this see my thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/119198-Getting-ready-for-new-pool-start-up

Update:

PB said they spoke with screen subcontractor and were told they hope to start installing screen in a week.

As for plastering PB will not call WetEdge until screen installation is completed and inspections completed.

I thought that would be the reason too.

When the screen subcontractor was out here measuring last week I asked him why.

He agreed about dropping stuff, etc. but said the real reason is the screen is part of the county safety inspection.
Pools must have some combination of fenced yard, safety (baby) fence and window alarms before the pool can be filled with water.

In my situation the screen will meet the safety requirements for the perimeter around the back of the pool. I am also putting alarms on my windows and doors which meet the requirements for entry to the pool area from the house.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I thought that would be the reason too.

When the screen subcontractor was out here measuring last week I asked him why.

He agreed about dropping stuff, etc. but said the real reason is the screen is part of the county safety inspection.
Pools must have some combination of fenced yard, safety (baby) fence and window alarms before the pool can be filled with water.

In my situation the screen will meet the safety requirements for the perimeter around the back of the pool. I am also putting alarms on my windows and doors which meet the requirements for entry to the pool area from the house.

Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense and surely the primary reason.

Agreed. We couldn't add water unless we had a fence up. And therefore, no plaster before the fence because water needed to go in right away.

Update: Screen is scheduled to go up Monday. Screen subcontractor is rated an A+ at the BBB so should be there but the way things are going I never can be sure. Should take 1 or 2 days and I'll take pictures.

Meanwhile the PB's one employee that's been doing all the work other than the subs quit today. His helper not the PB dropped by for 15 minutes cleaned up the paver rubble and told me. As usual not a word from the PB himself so I'll let things cool off before questioning him. I don't know who will do the startup for me now. The PB is overloaded. I was hoping all along that WetEdge will do the startup. Maybe know PB will have to hire them or a pool service.

Still hoping to swim by 4th of July but even less likely now. I will be ordering my TF-100 Testkit so I'll be ready.

I would call WetEdge and ask who in your area is certified to do the start up and go from there.

Just think of the poor people who have not found TFP :( They are on their own and their pool will not have the proper start up like yours will since you will have the good test kit.

Kim:cat:

We're in the process of our build here in Texas. Just caught up on yours and it's looking great! We're using Wet Edge too. I think their website lists all of their installers by location of you want to check there or call for their recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't call any of the subs per an email from my PB after I called the engineer that did the plans.
PB told me "don't you ever call any of my subcontractors"

Cue back up! Don't tell me what to do or not to do! Sorry but that is one of my hot buttons.

Then the PB needs to tell you how will be doing start up. Ask in an email. THEN when he does not answer you have it in writing that you asked and he did not answer so you should be able to do what needs to be done.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.