Our New FG Leisure Pool Build in Ontario Canada

So the landscaper started yesterday. Apparently there was a small problem with the concrete poured around the edge of the pool. It was uneven in places, higher than the pool edge in others so it is tricky to lay the brick coping flat around the edge. The landscaper says they can fix it, it will just mean it will take more time. I told the landscaper that we thought the concrete would help not hurt. He said that it should have been poured a little lower than the edge of the pool. Anyways I am not sure why the concrete guy didn't know this as he does this concrete work all the time for our PB. Live and learn I guess. Not a big problem really.
Anyways I snapped a few pics yesterday before the rain started. Each coping brick has to be hand cut and he is doing a wonderful job. I couldn't even imagine attempting this job.
Here are a few pics. I love the way it looks already and it is not even attached.
[attachment=0:epsdsnkm]pool coping3.jpg[/attachment:epsdsnkm]
[attachment=1:epsdsnkm]pool coping1.jpg[/attachment:epsdsnkm]
[attachment=2:epsdsnkm]pool coping.jpg[/attachment:epsdsnkm]

Attachments

• pool coping.jpg
    pool coping.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 254
  • pool coping1.jpg
    pool coping1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 256
  • pool coping3.jpg
    pool coping3.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 256
Should have noticed it was a skimmer by looking at the pool on the truck :hammer:
That's looking very nice. Can't wait to see the finished deck.
I too am at a standstill on mine :whip:

Ok so a more activity in the last week. The coping was very labour intensive but they did an excellent job...took 2.5 days to do. The area is being prepped for the bricks to be layed today. The area for the retaining wall was dug out yesterday.
Also the hottub is coming today! :party:
At the exact time the thunderstorms are supposed to start. :hammer:
Here are some pictures of the progress...
[attachment=2:1gktfpr8]pool1.jpg[/attachment:1gktfpr8]
[attachment=1:1gktfpr8]pool2.jpg[/attachment:1gktfpr8]
Taken from the side.
[attachment=0:1gktfpr8]pool3.jpg[/attachment:1gktfpr8]

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 194
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 194
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 193
CountryKim - Do you have any recent pictures of the completed project? Your updates ended in June 2009 but everything looked great up to then! We are considering a FG pool as well and I was curious to see if you had any tips or information that you've learned about them in the last 4 years? Have you experienced any color fading with the pool or anything else you can share?

Jeans
I have a 3 yr old Viking pool and we really like it . We like the ease of cleaning, the solid feel of fiberglass on the floor og he pool.. No fading. We have tile around the perimeter . The only thing I wish we had done different was to get a 16 ft wide pool instead of the 14 ft wide because fiberglass pools are measure from edge to edge so a 14 ft wide pool is really Only about 12 ft 8 inches in the water

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.