Concrete pool -milky water

oletrout said:
Thanks Butterfly. Hope you are feeling better this beautiful day :)

Yes, thank you very much. I got positive vibes :mrgreen:

but I prefer the FAS/DPD
It sure does give accurate readings. My problem with it is the 10g of DPD powder that came with the kit is about used up :roll:
This can happen when folks are fighting trying to clear a pool. You should only be using one heaping scoop per test, right?

You can use the daily kit. :wink:

oletrout said:
Ok-Thank you. :)

So I just used the OTO test to check.

Test side was about 50% yellower, Marking is 5. So I'm thinking APPROX 50% more would add 2.5 to end up with 7.5. (+/_)

Using that #,Jason's Cal tells me to add 2-9 L

Does this make sense? Yes. I calculate to raise FC from 5 to 7.5 would take 2.9L. Good job w/the calculator! :goodjob:

Cheers

Hey Gerry,

You've got your pool water all nice and beautiful and about ready to crank up your SWG.

Since you're done "getting started", I suggest you start a new thread in the Salt Water Chlorine Generator forum. You can list your recent test #'s and include the amount of CYA you added.

The SWG pros will meet you over there with their recommendations. :-D Does that sound okay with you?

Thank you Butterfly. I'm so impressed with the awesome support and patience extended by you all. The sparkly pool looks great this AM. Did the FAS/DPD and the result was 10 with 0 CC. Added about 2/3 recommended stabilizer yesterday as per Jason. Gonna wait for a week as he suggested before testing or adding more. Anything else I should consider before I move on to the SWG!

Cheers

oletrout said:
Thank you Butterfly. I'm so impressed with the awesome support and patience extended by you all. The sparkly pool looks great this AM. Did the FAS/DPD and the result was 10 with 0 CC. Added about 2/3 recommended stabilizer yesterday as per Jason. Gonna wait for a week as he suggested before testing or adding more. Anything else I should consider before I move on to the SWG!

Cheers

TFP thanks you for your compliments :lol:

I'm not sure when you should turn on your SWG. Is it better to wait until your target CYA is measurable? Makes sense, but I don't know for sure if it makes a difference. But, by going to the SWG forum, you'll get more specific help. :wink:

Now, anything else to consider? Yes, please do not allow yourself to be lulled into a false sense of security with that SWG doing all the work :poke: Maintain your testing!

Remember, if you're gonna' have a bunch of bods in the pool, do as JohnT recommended and up your FC prior to the party and bump it back up after! :lol:

It's a pleasure having members like you :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.