Jandy ePump JEP2.0 not starting, please help diagnose

Apr 18, 2016
Las Vegas
Hello,

So approx 1 month after my 3 year warranty ends, my Jandy JEP2.0 will not start. I'm trying to self diagnose the problem before I call a repair man. I reset the breakers with no effect. The AquaLink control box makes the "click" sound that normally activates the pump, but the pump doesn't make a sound. I was hoping for a blown capacitor but I've read a bad capacitor would normally make some noise or something. I checked the power on the control box and the pump. The control box shows 16v at the 2 red wires and 16v at the pump itself. This makes me think the pump is getting power, but I just read the pump needs 230v. Is this correct? If so, that would mean it is relay right, since it isn't sending the full 230v? I can spin the impeller freely so it isn't clogged. The Jandy Tech support people thought it might be the SVRS suction protection. I couldn't finish my conversation with them because I got disconnected due to work. I did just have a large storm that put a lot of debris in my pool, but the filter basket on the pump was relatively empty and after I reset the breakers that should have cleared the suction protection.

Any ideas? What should my voltage on the pump be? I am really hoping this is a cheap fix. I've tried to see how much a new motor for a JEP2.0 is, and it doesn't even appear Jandy sells them, you have to buy a whole new pump. If that is correct, then I'm switching to Pentair, a replacement variable speed Pentair motor is under $400, if Jandy forces you to buy a whole new pump for almost $1k, that is craziness.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

868f556f9a83dc8f4c377ed488e206bd.jpg

That's not good, should be getting 115v on line 1 and 2to ground, and 230 across l1 and l2. Check your breaker for the pump. It should be on a dedicated gfci breaker and run straight to the pump. You don't want anything in between the breaker and the pump (ie Timeclock) so the pump should be receiving 230v continously.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.