How to replace weir door

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
Hello all. Got a question maybe someone here can help me with. I am trying to replace the weir door on my U3 skimmer. The weir is Pentair 08650-0022 assembly which is a hinge with the door attached. I got the old one out easily because the door was missing and it was simple to unscrew the old hinge part. But when I try to install the new assembly (door attached to hinge) it just floats up before I can get the screw started (one screw hold the hinge). My question is has anyone here replaced this weir door before and have any special tips that might help me? The pool is pretty full now due to recent rains, but being in California I am not about to lower the water level.

Thanks in advance, I would appreciate any help!

With my physical limitations, I can only get one hand at a time in the skimmer. I will have to come up with some one-handed option. I was thinking maybe I could break a regular pencil in two then tape the eraser end so it sticks up perhaps 3/8" above the top of the weir door then position the hinge into the slot and jam the door against the top of the skimmer housing. If it would stay, then I could tape the screw to the end of the screwdriver and get the screw started. Will try that tomorrow and see what happens.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.