Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool tile

1. Back To Top    #1

pool tile

Is there any rule of thumb about how far the tile should go below the waterline?
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: pool tile

I had the same question during my build. Not finding an answer, I put my 6" tile so that the normal waterline was halfway up on the tile. That seems to have worked very well..
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: pool tile

Thanks Dave!
    Around that size would suit our purpose fine. Then we just have to find something nice in colour and quality.
    No grout in between the plates have I learned from Piesces build! I never figured that out before but it stroked me when I looked at his build the other day that it most be beacuse dirt sticks easier on the grout than on the actually tile. I will follow his example anyway.

I've read on a site that waterline tile makes a difference in how the water turns out, since the light the reflects on the tile into the water.
    For us that is to go a little deep! I think we will have enough struggle to pick something that goes well with the deck and the epoxi coating. A task for my wife, so I can't be to blame for how it turns out
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you