Cloudy Water

Apr 22, 2009
Good Morning guys.

We have finnaly used the pool, my 7 year old invited his friends back from school Friday afternoon and the smile on his face said it all ......... well worth the months of work and expense, I jumped in myself friday night at 10pm as I put the heater on Thursday morning, pool was 26 degrees.

Everything was fine and then god knows why but yesterday I thought it need a little more PH+ according to the test strips. so while we had lunch I added some, DISSASTER ! pool has now gone very cloudy (it was crystal clear before).

I called in a good friend last night who has been around pools a long time and he has a proper testing kit.

He advised I needed more PH+, and had touch too much chlorine (so I took the puck out last night) so I went off to the pool center and purchased this morning. Last night I also gave a small shock. no change this morning so I have added the PH+ but water seems cloudier now than ever before.

Everything I have read suggests too much PH, test strips suggest ok to needing maybe a little.

What should I do next ?, pool is 24 degrees approx and friend suggested that is why I can now see the effects of the PH+ as before it was only 13 degrees.

Advice please

Regards
Paul

Welcome to TFP!

There are many reasons for cloudy water, but any solution starts with knowing a complete set of test results.

Jason posted this after I asked him about high PH and low TA levels a week or so ago ...

JasonLion said:
No, neither low TA, nor high PH, nor the combination will make the water cloudy. Almost every time, it is algae, both living and dead, that makes the water cloudy.

It would help if could post a full set of test results so we can see where you stand with your water, but I would bet your on the verge of an algae bloom at the moment and shocking will clear it up ...

I would advise you to get a good test kit, like the TF100 or the Taylor K-2006. Strips will always give you inaccurate results and you are just guessing at this point about what your numbers really are.

At first I was like 26 degrees! Shiver! Then I realize you mean Celsius.... :mrgreen: Still too cold for me :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.