Hayward AQR15 Aqua Rite

Haha! No problem I just turned the pic lock on my iPhone so the pictures wouldn't rotate. Thanks for posting up. I ordered a new VS InteliFlo pump today..... once I get that up and going my next project will be the salt cell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plumbed in my salt cell today, so right now the water is just flowing through it. I understand that I am going to wire it in so it comes on with my variable speed pump, but I do have a question. When the variable speed shuts off, it will cut all power to the cell as well, will this cause a cell to have to be reset? In other words, will it hurt for the power to be completely shut off each time the pump shuts off. Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm just trying to think ahead. Each time the pump shuts off the power will be completely cut off to the cell. I'm not sure how the variable speed pump maintains its memory it must have internal battery back up or something. I have it set on a schedule right on the pump and it keeps that just fine even with the power being removed. I am a bit confused.

My VS pump has power at all times. The pump's on board timer turns it on and off. My SWG is connected to a separate timer that is set to turn it on only during a time that the pump is set to run.

Now that I think about it, my variable speed pump does have power to it all the time, because I just left my mechanical timer on all the time. Not sure what I was thinking earlier, but that is the way it is. I just set the schedule on the pump, just like you're doing. So it appears I need to have an electrician pull power off of the mechanical timer that is always on, The same one that is providing power to my pump, and set a timer off of that. In any case, it sounds like it's OK to remove power from the SWG completely and then turn it back on each time.

Yes, and all I did was move the wires feeding the pump from the switched side of the timer to the feed side (unswithched, hot side). I left the wires feeding the SWG on the switched side. And viola unswithched pump and SWG on a timer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My trouble is my timer is not near my equipment. For what ever reason they put the timer on the side of my house. I am will likely have to add a timer near equipment.

OK, tomorrow, Friday morning, I have the electrician coming to wire in my Hayward SWG AQR15. It says something on a tag to be sure the right cell is selected before turning on, but the default is the 15 which is what it is, so I should be good I am guessing. Are there any pointers or any start up procedures or any advice at all anybody can offer to get me started? Right now I'm just going to have him get it set up with power with a timer, I will have to figure everything else out. When I get some time I will start reading the manual but I wanted to ask if anybody has any pointers or any heads up. According to my K1766 kit, my salt level is now at 3400. My CYA is at 35, but I have some in a sock in the skimmer, which should bring me up to 60. Thanks

Well it has been put off till Monday.... After he got here he realized the situation was not what he expected so needed to get some other parts, particularly a different type of timer...No big deal. 

Great news, it is hooked up and appears to be running just fine. I have it set at 80%, for eight hours a day. Does this sound like a reasonable place to start? 13-14K gallon pool. Last reading CYA was 50, expected to jump to 60 to 70 by the time everything I've added takes effect.

80% X 8 hours sounds like a lot for a T-15 cell in a 13k pool. But just keep an eye on the FC and adjust accordingly.

Yesterday, I set it for six hours at 60%, tonight my chlorine is at 7.5. It started at 5 because I had added bleach prior to hooking up the generator. So I guess I just leave it for a day to see what it does? Had four people swimming today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.