New house green pool

So my water is finally starting to look much better. I think a few more days it should be good to go. Now I'm trying to get these stains off of the liner. Does anyone have any tricks ? I'm using a sponge and the pool water right now and it's getting the heavy stuff off but not the actual stain.

The water seems to have a green tint but if I fill a bucket it's clear. I've been scrubbing the walls like crazy for weeks. I recently found out from a neighbor that the pool hasn't been opened for several seasons so I'm sure the algae was growing like crazy. It does look MUCH better than it did when I started that's for sure. It's just taking for ever.

So I'm done slamming my pool water looks Great Wall and floors are clean. I started letting everything drift down Wednesday morning and just tested the water now. I noticed my CYA dropped to zero is that normal ?

FC 7.5
cya 0
cc .5
ph 6.8
cl 5
ta 50

my wife and I really didn't think it was possible to make this water clear again. We are both amazed and the kids are very excited to get swimming ASAP. It's almost 90deg here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did it hold FC overnight? Did you remove any water during the SLAM?

If you are holding FC then you need to add CYA to help buffer the FC.

Tell the kids to have fun! We would LOVE to see before and after pics on the same post!

Did you keep track of how many gals of bleach you used?

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.